2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

megasquirt plunge

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:34 PM
moparx12
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default megasquirt plunge

sorry for double posting but i realized i should have put this post in here in the first place...

okay, is this all im going to need to get going on this megasquirt project? besides obviously the solder materials...

1x
MegaSquirt Stimulator v2.2 - UnAssembled Kit

1x
12' MegaSquirt Wiring Harness (MS1 / MS2 Ready)

1x
GM Open Element IAT Sensor with Pigtail

1x
GM Closed Element CLT / IAT Sensor with Pigtail

1x
VB921 Ignition Coil Driver

1x
MegaSquirt-I Programmable EFI System PCB3.0 - UnAssembled Kit

1x
MegaSquirt Tuning Cable (DB9 Straight Thru)

also, my engine is not boosted right now, but it will be in the future... would it be okay to use the open element sensor in the intake of my NA engine right now so that i dont have to buy an extra sensor when the turbo is ready?

also, the stim is v2.2, and im using the v3.0 pcb, do these conflict or what?

Old 03-06-2007, 09:59 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion
Default RE: megasquirt plunge

ORIGINAL: moparx12

sorry for double posting but i realized i should have put this post in here in the first place...

okay, is this all im going to need to get going on this megasquirt project? besides obviously the solder materials...

1x
MegaSquirt Stimulator v2.2 - UnAssembled Kit

1x
12' MegaSquirt Wiring Harness (MS1 / MS2 Ready)

1x
GM Open Element IAT Sensor with Pigtail

1x
GM Closed Element CLT / IAT Sensor with Pigtail

1x
VB921 Ignition Coil Driver

1x
MegaSquirt-I Programmable EFI System PCB3.0 - UnAssembled Kit

1x
MegaSquirt Tuning Cable (DB9 Straight Thru)

also, my engine is not boosted right now, but it will be in the future... would it be okay to use the open element sensor in the intake of my NA engine right now so that i dont have to buy an extra sensor when the turbo is ready?

also, the stim is v2.2, and im using the v3.0 pcb, do these conflict or what?
I dont think it matters what MegaStim version your using, and the only thing I see missing for the actual MS unit is you'll need a second VB921 Ignition Coil Driver. As for the intake sensor, you should be fine with the open element, but I'm not 100% sure...

Old 03-06-2007, 10:37 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

you can use the stock iat for the megasquirt youll just need values for easytherm. youll also need to get megasquirt-n-spark-extra if you plan on running spark. and of couse the ngc code to run off your stock crank trigger wheel. how long have you been researching about megasquirt and how many times have your read the megamanual i mean the whole thing not just litte bits and pieces becasue its not just a plug and play thing. its super complicated and there are many places to mess up. im gonna be squirting on thie friday hopefully if it comes in which it should so i know lots of stuff to help you, but you also need a large understanding of it yourself.

Old 03-07-2007, 02:04 PM
moparx12
Amateur

yea i have read through the manual more than once now, seems like i pick up something new everytime i read into it. yes i would agree about the complexity of it, at first it was just mind boggling for me... after looking at the manual and all the input screens with explanations, i seem to have a better understanding of the fuel system part of it anyway. havnt looked to far into the spark part of megasquirt, although i do plan on running my spark with megasquirt. looking at theMS forums i am amazed by how in depth these guys go in manipulating MS to do what they want... talking about running multiple banks of injectors and changing code in order for MS to know when to change from one map to the other and what not is quite amazing...

that would be awesome if i could kind of learn from you as you go LOL. i think i read one of your posts where you said you were gonna run MS fuel and spark with boost. i believe 03neonRT said something about that not being a common thing for us neon guys yet, which im sure makes you feel great about jumping into it..

so all of the code you speak of, MSnE and ngc, is free to download right? what extra sensors am i going to need to run spark? or will i just incorporate the sensor i already have on the crank? what about the cam sensor?i have read intothe spark part onlya little bit. i understand you can run up to 20-21 psi boost on the MAP that comes with the kit. are you planning on running the 4 bar MAP and somehow making it work with MS? if so i would benefit from your experience on that as well. also, how hard will it be to go about adjusting the timing curve? will MS be able to adjust timing relative to intake manifold pressure or will it use some other input such as crank speed? or both?

yes i understand i have a lot more research to do, and its a good thing i really enjoy researching these types of things...

Old 03-07-2007, 09:12 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

yea its free. go to srtforums.com and read the loong like 65 page post about it. im not too sure about all the goings on about it but when i figure it out ill let you know just remember. if you want to run fuel, you will throw a injector code which will not let you rev past 4k unless you use separate injector clips and have some ****ty ones dangling from the stock connectors

Old 03-08-2007, 12:45 AM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

i might have a clt that for you that i might not need so don't buy it just yet lol

Quick Reply: megasquirt plunge