2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Options on changing to a dual exhaust on an SE...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Fantasticle
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Options on changing to a dual exhaust on an SE...

ah damn, dude you know everything haha. oh well i can just cut out the holes if i have to

Old 03-10-2007, 06:45 PM
Mopar Mule

"If you want a dual exhaust go with Vibrant or an R/T muffler. The R/T exhaust costs around $200.00 brand new"

In regards to this statement, I was wondering about an R/T exhaust on my '03 SXT w/ MTX. Are there any clearance issues with the back bumper?Does it require cutouts in the backbumper? How far do they stick out? etc. I like the thought ofa bolt on solution for my exhaust, but from the pictures I've seen,it looks like the Vibrant exhaust sticks out kinda far.

I've talked to a couple of muffler shops about making a custom rear section to bolt on. Neither shop seemed too interested in making a bolt on section. Anyone know much about the flowmaster 60 series? I don't want anything flashy or too loud, but want something that will flow alot better than stock, especially when I add my K&N Typhoon. Thanks.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:53 PM
03neonRT
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Mopar Mule

"If you want a dual exhaust go with Vibrant or an R/T muffler. The R/T exhaust costs around $200.00 brand new"

In regards to this statement, I was wondering about an R/T exhaust on my '03 SXT w/ MTX. Are there any clearance issues with the back bumper?Does it require cutouts in the backbumper? How far do they stick out? etc. I like the thought ofa bolt on solution for my exhaust, but from the pictures I've seen,it looks like the Vibrant exhaust sticks out kinda far.
If you dont want to modify the exhaust hangars then you would need the cutouts...on my R/T if i didnt have those cutouts the exhaust would be hitting the bumper big time, so I can only assume the same would happen on a SXT. As for the Vibrant, it does stick out a little bit, a little too much for my taste since there wouldnt be any cutouts. As for the Flowmaster 60 series, I dont have any experiece with it so I cant help you there...

Old 03-11-2007, 03:28 PM
djmagic
Record Breaker

fantasticle, no problem we'll arrange something I'll see the shipping but if anything we can meet up in phoenix or something. On the bumper you can cut it yourself with a little saw, just hold it tight because didn't hold it to tight and got a little nick in it. Neongod, I think the only difference between the 00-02 and the 03-05 neons are how they look and possibly the arrangement of the lights underneath the cover, they should be the same size and shape.

Quick Reply: Options on changing to a dual exhaust on an SE...