2nd Gen Neon 2000 - 2005 2nd Gen Neon

Intercooler help

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 06:22 PM
wxman25
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercooler help

hey guys i just bought a Hahn stage 2 from another member on here and i had a couple of questions. I see alot of people use the srt-4 intercooler, but can you also use the piping? If not can it be made to fit? Also my wife thinks we should just buy the Hahn intercooler setup but it cost like 900usd. I told her i could probaily piece together a system for a lot less. Is this true? Thnaks in advance for all the help.

Old 03-21-2007, 07:54 PM
SXTspeed
Veteran
Default RE: Intercooler help

ORIGINAL: wxman25

hey guys i just bought a Hahn stage 2 from another member on here and i had a couple of questions. I see alot of people use the srt-4 intercooler, but can you also use the piping? If not can it be made to fit? Also my wife thinks we should just buy the Hahn intercooler setup but it cost like 900usd. I told her i could probaily piece together a system for a lot less. Is this true? Thnaks in advance for all the help.
Well its not really a hahn stage 2. it is a hahn turbo with other custom picked parts. You can use the srt-4 intercooler piping but it does need a few small modifications in order to fit properly. It really isn't that hard according to what I have heard. And yes you probably could piece together a system for less, probably about $100-$200 for srt-4 intercooler and piping mods i am not sure about. If you don't want srt-4 intercooler you should shop around for another good one that is cheaper than the hahn.

Old 03-21-2007, 10:25 PM
spikeymikey87
Record Breaker

teh intercooler will fit but you will have to cut 2 big holes in your radiator support, which is ok though. the piping will fit except for the charge pipe (lond metal pipe going from turbo to hot side pipe) will need to be a bit modified. i think just cut it somewhere towards the end and put a rubber coupling on it or something

Old 03-22-2007, 09:28 AM
wxman25

thanks guys i'll look into it

Quick Reply: Intercooler help