DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-general-discussion-non-tech-146/)
-   -   What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today? (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-general-discussion-non-tech/118533-what-did-you-do-to-your-2nd-gen-ram-today.html)

biggreen2500 12-03-2011 03:13 AM

i put a new rancho steering stabilizer shock on my dodge a 195 t state and a led smoked 3rd brake light

now my breaks lights all match there all leds and smoked it looks good

Bens5.9l4x4 12-03-2011 06:58 PM

Put in a bigger battery and a 3rd cigar lighter now time to start my double battery setup ;)

biggreen2500 12-04-2011 03:59 AM

i cleaned it out lol... today i counted and i'm sad tho i let my truck get this bad...but i counted 14 powerade bottles 4 mt dew bottles 7 water bottles a half ate sandwich and some McDonald that was never ate... my truck smells better and is alot cleaner lol

tomorrow i'm gonna wash it up and get it a coat of wax before winter hits me with snow and crap on the road

HeyYou 12-04-2011 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by biggreen2500 (Post 2659441)
i cleaned it out lol... today i counted and i'm sad tho i let my truck get this bad...but i counted 14 powerade bottles 4 mt dew bottles 7 water bottles a half ate sandwich and some McDonald that was never ate... my truck smells better and is alot cleaner lol

tomorrow i'm gonna wash it up and get it a coat of wax before winter hits me with snow and crap on the road

Is that just you contributing to the mess? :D I have an adult daughter, two grand kids, and a dog that contribute as well. Sometimes it actually SCARES me what I find when I clean out the truck.

redneck_ram 12-04-2011 10:09 AM

in the process of doing to oil pump and pickup tube. almost done, just gotta pull the old pump, put in new one, and put new il pan on. fill 'er up with oil and start 'er up.

the pickup tube screen is so clogged that it was sucking the screen in. cant wait to get this done!

EDIT: OIL PUMP IS NOW DONE! oil psi picks up so much quicker now, and climbs to almost 90. where-as before it wouldnt go past 60 when cold, and after warm up wouldnt go past 35-40. so happy this is done, and hope its the end of my problems!

stewie01 12-04-2011 04:45 PM

Didn't do anything to the Ram today, helped the pop in law change out valve cover gasket's on his '88 RamCharger, cleaned them in & out and painted them. New Felpro gasket's too.

redheadhunter21 12-04-2011 06:42 PM

Fixed my gas gauge by installing a new furl pump, what hell that turned out to be, also got a chance to reorganize my toolbox, and got a new piece of chain with a J hook.

Picked up a tailgate net for $12 to see if it makes a difference in gas mileage

PS. If you go to change out your fuel pump the new aftermarket ones use a different style plug, so make sure you get the pigtail that changes the plug to match the one on your truck, I got lucky and was able to aquire one, after I had it all ready to go and realized the plugs did not fit.

EndIsNear 12-04-2011 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by redheadhunter21 (Post 2659935)
Fixed my gas gauge by installing a new furl pump, what hell that turned out to be, also got a chance to reorganize my toolbox, and got a new piece of chain with a J hook.

Picked up a tailgate net for $12 to see if it makes a difference in gas mileage

PS. If you go to change out your fuel pump the new aftermarket ones use a different style plug, so make sure you get the pigtail that changes the plug to match the one on your truck, I got lucky and was able to aquire one, after I had it all ready to go and realized the plugs did not fit.

I was told the nets and tailgates with a vent style system hurt your mileage... I always read that the factory tailgate creates an air "bubble" that flows air across the bed much like a bed cover in a sense. Just what I've read though..

jeff316 12-04-2011 07:08 PM

jb weld test

put jb weld on fuel pressure regulator. They said it couldn t be done.

gdstock 12-04-2011 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by biggreen2500 (Post 2658505)
i put a new rancho steering stabilizer shock on my dodge a 195 t state and a led smoked 3rd brake light

now my breaks lights all match there all leds and smoked it looks good

About how much did that run for all three?

:icon_worthless: