2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Making progress on the 98

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 02:16 AM
junkyardjeff
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making progress on the 98

My girlfriend has a 98 SS/T that was close to being junked,she let someone borrow it and smashed it up a bit plus the trans and radiator bit the dust. Got the hood and grille replaced along with the trans plus a upstream O2 sensor and its now drivable,found someone parting a 97 and got a radiator and a a/c compressor installed yesterday. Going to get the a/c charged next week and still needs the drivers fender and bumper replaced which I hope to do in the next few weeks,now that the upstream O2 got replaced the down stream is acting up. I hope to have it togather by fall and it still might get sold when done as she wants a older Dodge p/u and will try to find her a simple mid 70s.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:02 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a fun project......... post up sum pics

is your truck black with a roll pan?

i also live in dayton ohio

Old 07-17-2010, 12:12 PM
junkyardjeff
Rookie

Its red with a roll pan and a black hood and grille,its going to have a green fender and silver bumper for awhile.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:21 PM
dodgeram07
Champion

nope havent seen it, maybe one day

Old 07-17-2010, 01:56 PM
junkyardjeff
Rookie

All I can say is if you are ever poking around going slower then the speed limit you might see it flying around you as she never lets any grass gow up under her,its in the Woodman/Linden area.

Old 07-17-2010, 04:44 PM
dodgeram07
Champion

i worked on linden at lewis rv

Old 10-07-2010, 12:17 AM
junkyardjeff
Rookie

Got the catalytic convertor replaced along with the downstream O2 sensor and its running good,I am now tackling the bumper and fender replacement and hope to have it done friday. When she finds a job in what she is studying in school then she can have the rest of the body work done and get it painted as I wil be done with it,it looks like the core support should be replaced but I think I can get it togather with a gentle tug on it. The frame does not look bent but will tell when the bumper goes on as it took a hard hit but mostly on the end of the bumper,the bulb blown in the rigged up headlight so its time to put the parts on before it gets too cold to work outside.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:53 PM
junkyardjeff
Rookie

Got the fender and bumper on tonight and it looks like a truck again,the bumper came off a couple year colder truck and a couple holes in the brackets did not line up so I got it on the best I could. It looks like the frame is tweeked a little and since the bumper is just a plain painted one I am going to find a correct year bumper with the fog lights and hog out the holes in the brackets to get it aligned better,tomorrow I will istall the plastic liner and the air dam under the bumper and drill the hoes for the mud flap and its done for now. I came real close to yanking the motor and posi rear end and sending it to the crusher but it will get back to where it was soon.

Quick Reply: Making progress on the 98