2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Good reputable shops along the way, from upstate NY to Florida?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 10:58 PM
besserspat
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Good reputable shops along the way, from upstate NY to Florida?

OK I am almost ready to leave for a little vacation MONDAY, Im leaving Montreal Canada and will be driving my '97 1500 Sport all the way to Ft-Lauderdale Florida.

I do that trip two three times a year when I move my bikes around, but for this one, time isn"t on my side and I didnt have the time to get my truck prepped on time for the big trip.

So I changed myself what needed to be fixed to insure a safe trip to the sunshine state. ( one tie rod, u-joint,tune up and lube).I have more parts I just dont have the time/space do get it done before I leave.

The truck will get new tires in florida , so I would like to get some work done to the truck somewhere along the way, or maybe in florida to make sure that when I get the new tires , they wear evenly on my way back (ill be hauling my race bikes back to Montreal.)

Stuff that I want to get done:

-changing the 4 shocks (I have them in the truck)

-replacing the other 3 tie rods/links and a GOOD ALIGNMENT (the ties rods are not loose yet ,but I have them and would like to use them before I get the truck aligned.

-Possibly changing the end links and sway bar bushings (have them)

-putting a new steering stabilizer (have it)

-the cherry on the cake would be getting the front axleshafts joints done too , they are a little on the loose side.Since this can be time consuming I would prefer to get them done once im in florida ...

SO if you think you know and want to recommend or you own a reputable and reasonably priced shop to get this done , I would be more than happy to encourage you.

IMPORTANT: I will be driving down I-87 and then I-95 all the way to FL, so if your shop is on my way , that would be great.

the truck is a 1997 1500 sport 4x4, 5.2, 46re, reg cab ,short box shes my old reliable (220k miles).

PS: im planing on getting LT285 75 16s Firestone Destination AT for 157$ taxes included (not installed), w,hen I get to florida If you can get similar or better tires for a good deal let me know, Im always open

Quick Reply: Good reputable shops along the way, from upstate NY to Florida?