2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

More and More....

Old 07-31-2010, 06:25 AM
ColoradoRamLover
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy More and More....

Well, I keep finding out my truck has more and more problems at the Dodge dealer its at. It was supposed to be getting it this past Thursday.... Nope! They have alone put $3-4 grand into the engine and thats not including the brand new $4000 transmission.... So now Im thinking if more things are wrong with the engine, theyre just gonna drop a brand new one it(if so Im definitely gonna have to hire an attorney since my insurance will surely bitch about it and not want to pay. But hey, its their fault they didnt bother to total it! lol). Anyways, I just thought Id tell yall that!

Ive tried to post a pic of why this has all happened but its not working(any tips btw?). So, I will just tell what happened briefly...

I went 4-wheeling with a friend of mine and her and I got stuck up in the mountains for over 13 hours and we had to get rescued by search and rescue. We got stuck be somebody left a massive hole in this river we were crossing to continue up the road. I got stuck in it big time. Water got into the cab, transmission and Im pretty sure the engine(thats why I dont understand why they didnt total out my truck). Water was up to the passenger side headlight by the time we decided to head out after waiting for friends to "help" us. It started out not too deep but as I tried to get unstuck and as the sun went down, more water went into the engine compartment and cab.... Anyways, I wasnt being "stupid" or "dumb" because it would have happened to anyone who would have gone through there instead of me. They also closed that part of the trail untill they got my truck out(was in water for almost 3 days) and until the "raging stream" went down(it also wasnt raging, I wouldnt have gone through it if it was when I went up there a couple weeks earlier) which was a week after I got stuck.

This all happened in June by the way. Ive been without my truck for almost 2 months now :'( I miss it dearly. I have also spend $1000 on accessories that I would like to put on it.. lol

Old 07-31-2010, 09:23 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

4000 for a transmission? I'm pretty sure you can get them from apsprecision.com for something like 2000 to 2500.

Old 07-31-2010, 02:48 PM
ColoradoRamLover
Veteran

Hey, Im not the one paying for it. Plus Im going through a Dodge Dealer, so they will use nothin but Mopar..

Old 08-01-2010, 02:05 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Insulting post and related replies deleted.

Keep it civil.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:09 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonw
Keep it civil.
Rock on, Jason, rock on.

Old 08-01-2010, 03:12 AM
ColoradoRamLover
Veteran

Sorry about that. I shouldve ignored what that guy said, but I let my emotions get ahold of me since comments like that..... ugh just **** me off. It wont happen again.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: More and More....