2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Look at this 2nd Gen Rumble Bee!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 02:13 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
Around here, we dabble in Ford, GM ...
Dating, even casually, outside one's species is not something most would admit to!

Old 08-12-2010, 02:17 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Dating, even casually, outside one's species is not something most would admit to!
Oh, I'm the only Chrysler junkie in the family. My Mother's side of the family is die hard Chevy, and my Step dad's side is as well. Step dad himself has no loyalties save for the general avoidance of Chrysler products. You won't find a lot of Ford junkies in my family either, but that's neither here nor there.

No worries though, I'm slowly converting the family over to the dark side. I've got the step dad looking at Dodge 3500 duallies, and I wouldn't be shocked if my dear mother bought a 4th gen ram when her Avie gets the miles on it.

As bolt puts it," Dodgey was just horny and mounted that Pacifica in its haste".

Last edited by Laramie1997; 08-12-2010 at 02:20 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 05:09 AM
bigslick050
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh, I'm the only Chrysler junkie in the family. .
I know how you feel Laramie. I have to fight my dad every week about his Fords...Atleast I finally talked him into putting a few simple bolt-on upgrades to let his 6.4 stroke run decent, since he refuses to trade it in for a real man truck. Doesen't matter though really, he don't use as 'truck' should be used, it is gently daily driven. And BTW my Dads side of the family is pure Ford truck and Chevy car freaks. I get the snake eye from everyone when Betty comes roaring in the driveway like it was a fart piped ricer express.

Besides the Duramax, the S-10 was only good truck to roll out of their factory, powertrain wise anyways...interiors are complete garbage

.....okay, I'm done ranting

Old 08-12-2010, 05:33 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Oh, I don't hate, but there is a little slogan that I live by...

"Fords are for old men. Dodges are for Young kids/the young at heart. Chevy's are simply for the misinformed."

Besides, the 7.3 was probably one of the best and most iconic consumer based motors thus far.

I don't really get the snake eye from people, but they don't seem to get why I love my 14 year old, transmission fluid leaking, motor oil leaking, gutless pig of a truck. In all honesty, had I not decided to take the 97, I would be driving a 5.3L 2005 Chevy truck. Just some sentimental values that made me take the old one.

Oh well, every brand has their good and bad attributes, but only one brand out there is putting IFS setups on their HD line... *cough* GM *cough*

Old 08-12-2010, 06:24 AM
bigslick050
All Star

*cough* GM *cough*
LMAO...I know you don't like 'em anymore than I do! I try not to hate the 'others' but they have done me wrong so badly that I can never turn my back on Dodge. Especially since Betty has treated me so damn good, and I run her like a dog. Am I the only person here that feels like even our 2nd gen Rams are built better and last longer than the 98-07 Chevy's? Can't talk $hit about the 08 and newer ones yet, still learning about these barf-wagons as time goes by...Might as well go ahead and brand my chest with the famous 'M' cuz their ain't no going back

Old 08-12-2010, 06:33 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Besides the Duramax, the S-10 was only good truck to roll out of their factory, powertrain wise anyways...interiors are complete garbage
I wouldnt go as far as comparing an S-10 to a Duramax....And you've obviously never riden in a 2.2 equipped S-10 with an automatic. But I love'em

Old 08-12-2010, 06:42 AM
bigslick050
All Star

Sorry purpl, wasn't comparing them actually, just making a general statement.

And actually I rode in my buddies 2.2 auto for two years, and then his 4.3 auto for three years and current. I really like the s-10 bro. Only truck that I like from chevy. Plus the 2001 4.3 kicks azz, only year they did roller rockers factory. Plus they get like 24MPG hwy and the 2.2 is awesome on gas too!
Just wish they coulda stepped up to par on the interior...I saw my buddy wiping down the inside of his windshield, and bust open the speaker cover in the dash with his hand, we laughed our butts off!

Old 08-12-2010, 06:52 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bigslick050
Sorry purpl, wasn't comparing them actually, just making a general statement.

And actually I rode in my buddies 2.2 auto for two years, and then his 4.3 auto for three years and current. I really like the s-10 bro. Only truck that I like from chevy. Plus the 2001 4.3 kicks azz, only year they did roller rockers factory. Plus they get like 24MPG hwy and the 2.2 is awesome on gas too!
Just wish they coulda stepped up to par on the interior...I saw my buddy wiping down the inside of his windshield, and bust open the speaker cover in the dash with his hand, we laughed our butts off!
I really wish mine was a 4.3 with a 5-speed....Well anyway I get about 22 mpg in mine with about 200 pounds of tools in it all the time.

I really like the interior, but like our Dodges, they dont hold up that well. My defroster vent grille is cracked. But its a work truck and I dont really care. I wanna just make it faster. What do you expect from a compact value pickup that was priced ''cheap'' when it was new?

My dad has had about 8 S-10s over the years, we love them and Chevy must have been doing something right.

Old 08-12-2010, 11:20 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by bigslick050
LMAO...I know you don't like 'em anymore than I do! I try not to hate the 'others' but they have done me wrong so badly that I can never turn my back on Dodge. Especially since Betty has treated me so damn good, and I run her like a dog. Am I the only person here that feels like even our 2nd gen Rams are built better and last longer than the 98-07 Chevy's? Can't talk $hit about the 08 and newer ones yet, still learning about these barf-wagons as time goes by...Might as well go ahead and brand my chest with the famous 'M' cuz their ain't no going back
Yea, there may be some truth to that. I'm told that when I was a little baby all the way to the toddler stage, I would cry anytime you tried take me out of our 85 ramcharger... Yea, I dunno the truth to that, but that's what I'm told.

I'm not a huge fan of anything GM related from about 2000 and up. We had a 97 350 and it was a damn good truck, but the 2001 1500 we had was unbelievably horrid. Interior plastics were cheaply done and that was the metal on those trucks really got thin. Then the 2002 Suburban we had OMG. Pig on wheels. Our 2008 Avalanche isn't all that bad, but it has no guts. It's kinda nice if you're fixing to log a couple thousand miles in the thing, but other than that I choose not to drive it. I feel the same way about the 2008 and up 1500s as well. From time to time, I've been known to troll through the Chevy dealer in town and I can't even bring myself to step out of the truck to look at them.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:00 PM
bigslick050
All Star

Yeah I also do the same...I do wander over to Ford and Chevy dealerships on the occasional blue moon just to feel and the 'quality' they put into them. I feel like Chevy does have some goods things about their trucks every year, however I don't think that one 'jammin good year' where everything was great from styling to powertrain, to interior. Its kinda like one or the other... Like Dodge has had a couple 'magical years' where everything was awesome...ie: '98 12 Cummins with a quad cab option. Had the be one of the best years of the 2nd gens IMO. I just haven't found that one awesome setup out of Chevy yet to this day, and Ford hasn't had a year like that since the '02 7.3 Stroke. (Last good power plant from Ford, with a good looking body)

Purpl, its sucks that killed the S-10 in favor of the Canyon, (the most awful midsize truck I ever layed eyes on...IMO) I've been around alot of the s-10's and have respect for them, they are good trucks! I'm sure yours treats you well anyways, my buddies '01 has been great and I always liked it. But in the end, I would prob lean towards the R/T 360 Dakota if I had to have a midsize. Just cuz I luv the 360 magnums.

Quick Reply: Look at this 2nd Gen Rumble Bee!!