2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Parts have arrived(Hemifever/Genos)

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 12:45 AM
bigslick050
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So when are you expecting to have the tuner installed? Can't wait to hear about your results! Me and Austin were talking about putting the SCT in his 98 SS/T soon....let us know buddy!

Old 09-22-2010, 12:59 AM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man this thing was installed almost immediatley after the first post and results are in the thread, on my pretty much stock truck it makes a noticeable driving difference, pulling out in front of cars is so much easier and I have noticed a couple times I was up to and over the speed limit before I looked down at the speedo, was on the expressway tonight and normally the truck shifted out of overdrive for a steady pass, now it stays in OD for the pass, running the 93 tune with 93 octane gass no pinging at all.

All in all I think its way worth the money, should be taking the truck to the track in the next couple weeks to see difference in 1/8 mile times when I do go I will post up my results

Side note- never had my seatbelt lock up while on the gas, until the tune, anybody know the force it takes to lockup

Old 09-22-2010, 07:29 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, tuner... cool.

Everyone got side tracked... Mine is a 97 and I KNOW where your cup holder is on the dash... I want to know how a friend sat on it.

Old 09-22-2010, 10:41 AM
redheadhunter21
Champion

Actually nothing was happening but her drink was in the cup holder and she took it out and was kinda standing backwards in front of the center seat getting stuff out of her bag and when finished she went to turn back around and to keep from hitting the headliner she bent down some and sat on it and all I heard was crunch, I closed it almost immediatly and now it dont open....but if you start to open it the whole thing twist and then the dash bezel starts to come off

So its staying like that for awhile, I wasnt too pissed because it had already starting breaking to where I had to pop the bottom pieces straight

Old 09-27-2010, 02:29 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

Ok I said i would get pics of the cupholder installed for you and I finally got around to getting them for you

Here is a picture of how it mounts it just kinda sits in there, comes with velcro to help hold it down but I havent put it in cause it really doesnt need it
Name:  Photo0268.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  70.3 KB
the cupholder empty
Name:  Photo0269.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  68.0 KB

And it pretty much full, that a mcdonalds large sweet tea right there, try fitting that into your stock holder and taking a turn at 35, wanna talk about a mess, but it fits nice and snugg in the genos cupholder was drifting the other night with drink in the holder and no problems at all, sct tuner kinda fits it too
Name:  Photo0270.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  74.2 KB

Last edited by redheadhunter21; 09-27-2010 at 02:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Parts have arrived(Hemifever/Genos)