2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

HID lights, lift pumps

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 10:04 PM
dodge pavement princess
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID lights, lift pumps

Hey gang, looking for some advice on a few things. Opinions on HID lights for the 2001 dodge 2500 single headlight system. Good or bad, hi low beam set ups, are they dependable and what is the best way to go to improve night time vision. I have heard of the upgrade to a four light system like the sport model. Good or bad?
Where can a guy get a new dashboard for same truck without spending $$$$$$$.
Lift pumps, is it best to go with an additional pump to help the stock pump or junk it and go to a whole new lift pump. What is the best aftermarket lift pump out there?
Thanx gang.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:18 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i upgraded to projection headlights ,i like em alot !

Old 12-07-2010, 01:12 AM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lift pump question would be better asked in the diesel section

HID's are great finally got mine installed in my new projector housing and what a difference I'm running just headlights right now and have more light than I did with both headlights and fogs in my stock housing with halogens.

the projectors have a very sharp cutoff line that will keep you from blinding other drivers, and they also do a better job of focusing the light to usable space

Projectors will come with a dual bulb setup and require a quick wire swap to work on a non-sport truck(very simple can help if needed), some people dont like the look but they kinda grow on you, buy them from ebay if thats what you decide, all the projectors are made somewhere out of the country by the same people so why pay double for the same product

Um junkyard for the dash, other than your dishing out mad cash

Old 12-27-2010, 06:14 PM
KRider830
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As far as the headlights go they sell Bi-Xenon lights which do both high and low beams.

I am not sure what bulb size you have, but HID Extra has awesome lights and they currently on sale for $60.

http://www.hidextra.com/Bi-Xenon-hid...292cc019cf9d78

Old 01-01-2011, 09:29 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I know HID Extra is a site sponsor, and I've not heard anything bad about them, but I've always liked DDM Tuning better. Rather than a 1 year warranty, they give you a lifetime warranty on their stuff, and are usually slightly cheaper.

For the regular ballasts, they are just under $60 with shipping.
For the slim ballasts, they are just under $70 with shipping.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Product-Cat...hting/HID-Kits
Look at the Raptor kits if you want normal sized ballasts, their slim kits if you want the slim ballasts.

Quick Reply: HID lights, lift pumps