2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

oil pressure sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011 | 04:03 PM
wald0
|
Default oil pressure sensor

can anyone tell me where the oil pressure sensor is? recently when braking hard , the oil light comes on, and the oil pressure "drops",i searched around the web, n it saids may be a short in the sensor or it might jst need a new sensor, so im trying to find out where exactly the sensor is, i read its on the passenger side of the motor, in the back, but i cant seem to find it, if anyone has pics or something to point me out in te right direction, id appreciate it, thanks guys!

Old 04-07-2011 | 04:15 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

it should be right beside the distributor.

Old 04-07-2011 | 05:18 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame

if your standing at the front, looking toward the firewall, its just to the left of the distributor, on the rearmost, top edge of the block. its a big hex nut, probably about 1-1/16.

if you can't find a short adjustable to fit it, most parts stores have a special socket for not too much money. test fit it on the new sensor that you buy before you buy the tool, as there are a couple of different sizes.

Old 04-07-2011 | 06:01 PM
Gerehead8
Record Breaker

Does the sensor work now? Under hard braking the oil will travel to the front of teh oil pan and the pickup is at the rear. The pump probably sucked in air and you lost pressure for that second.

Quick Reply: oil pressure sensor