2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Plenum and CB pics

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 01:24 AM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Plenum and CB pics

last week I did some work on my truck
Aluminum plate
timing chain
cap/rotor/wires/plugs
water pump
bypass hose
pcv valve
thermostat

While I was working on it I took some pics, figured I would throw them up since everybody likes pics

What the old gasket looked like, not bad at all for 178k
Name:  P6280146.jpg
Views: 74
Size:  260.6 KB

After pulling intake, valve covers and water pump. Taking a break for a beer and getting setup for pulling the t-chain cover
Name:  P6280156.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  144.3 KB

Back in cleaning up the gasket surfaces
Name:  P6280161.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  133.4 KB

Plenum plate ready to go in after a quick acetone fix and some scuffing of the gasket suface
Name:  P6300163.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  94.7 KB

Plate installed and all torqued down, added some red loctite so the bolts dont think about coming loose(my ebay plate fit great and was much cheaper than hughes)
Name:  P6300168.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  120.5 KB

Stuff coming back together, I didnt take much time cleaning parts because you cant see half the stuff when put back together....I did take the time to paint the valve covers flat black
Name:  P7010174.jpg
Views: 155
Size:  156.6 KB

Quick work on the tb to try and get some more flow, and seems to work well
Name:  P7010175.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  118.5 KB

Then this week I decided that working on the truck the last week wasnt enough and decided to install a cb radio and antennas, originally a cheap cobra 19 or something like that was installed then I got a cobra 29 from a friend so I installed it

Mounted under the center seat not in the way of passengers feet and unnoticeable from the outside, yet easy to reach while driving
Name:  P7150194.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  118.6 KB

Front and rear view of the antennas mounted with springs
Name:  P7150198.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  101.3 KB

Name:  P7150195.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  96.8 KB

Also added a PA which might get me into trouble on of these days

I think Im done working on the truck for a week or so.

Old 07-16-2011, 07:50 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice man , what wires do you have on there ? im doing a tune up and i dont think imma go with msd this time around going to go with what napa or advance has if its more than 8.0 mm

also how was the slop on the chain ? hows the throttle responce much of a diffrence ?

Old 07-16-2011, 06:35 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

There 8mm wires from summit, they sell a tune up kit for our trucks so I got that

Slop on the chain was not to bad but worth changing, noticed a little bit of a difference in power after it was all said and done

Idles so nice after the new wires and stuff

Been driving it since and no leaks and everything works right, so I must be halfway decent at this working on my own sh^t thing

Old 07-17-2011, 01:27 PM
nopower318
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job, trucks looking good man!

Old 07-17-2011, 05:52 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Nice job on the rebuild!

Old 07-18-2011, 02:26 PM
bigdodge97
Rookie

very nice. I think im going to be doing this exact same rebuild on my truck over the next weekend. what did you do to your throttle bodies?

Old 07-18-2011, 04:11 PM
TheycallmeLaramie
Veteran

Great Job man! did the essentials and got it done. Check and Check. Hows the beast running now? Yeah looked like you scuffed up the heck outta that TB hope you didnt do the bottom like that and if you did hope you added some sealant. :P Looks good though man, but proof is in the pudding. whatever that means :P

Old 07-18-2011, 05:00 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

How long did it take you to get the engine work done?

Truck looks great.
I love white Sports.

Old 07-18-2011, 05:33 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

Originally Posted by bigdodge97
very nice. I think im going to be doing this exact same rebuild on my truck over the next weekend. what did you do to your throttle bodies?
Cut off the air horns and smoothed it out some, was kinda in a rush....racing with my work curfew and rain. Going to pick up a used one when I can and take my time doing it.

Originally Posted by TheycallmeLaramie
Great Job man! did the essentials and got it done. Check and Check. Hows the beast running now? Yeah looked like you scuffed up the heck outta that TB hope you didnt do the bottom like that and if you did hope you added some sealant. :P Looks good though man, but proof is in the pudding. whatever that means :P
Runs like a champ, just like it should.

I did go a little deep in a couple spots but I have no leaks, didnt touch the bottom(except with a stone to make sure it was straight), not much to mess with there,

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
How long did it take you to get the engine work done?

Truck looks great.
I love white Sports.
I had a week to get it done and I took my time, between work and the rain that persisted the whole week I worked on it I had plenty of breaks. If I was pressed for time it could have been done on a saturday, at the worst It could have been touched up on sunday while letting sh^t cure.

If your just doing the plenum fix you can get it done after work one day and let it sit for the next and be good to go.

Going to find all my reciepts and post up the final price with all the little odds and ends.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:39 PM
NYJohn

While I was working on it I took some pics, figured I would throw them up since everybody likes pics
Thx for the picture's they will help us and other's when the time come's. Plus i read " PICTURE'S OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN " . Try do get other's to post up some picture's but it's like pulling teeth. Must be painfull. Is your CB " Peaked and Tweeked " ? Had a 148LTD with power mic and it got out pretty far sounded great with the power mic.

Last edited by NYJohn; 07-18-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Plenum and CB pics