2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Slappin' St. Lucifer...

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2011 | 06:27 PM
drewactual
|
Champion
Default Slappin' St. Lucifer...

Ever been so mad?

I was almost there today.. Had that rascal surfaced, or if I would have known where to dig- I'd have yanked him out and slapped him around for sport..

I finally got around to doing the remote transmission filter and Derale deep pan today- along with the check valve delete..

Did you guys know that little check ball is just rubber? I pulled the hose off, and cut it onto two pieces.. drilled out the check ball, pulled the spring set with a pair of pliers, and whallah- deleted.. blew it out with some compressed air, put a brass barbed hose connector in each end, added some extra hose to each end, and ran them to the remote filter set-up.. It was far less painful than I expected it to be. I was in and out of there in less than half an hour.

then I dropped the pan.. and took an ATF+4 bath.. I cursed, but this is the last time I'll have to do it, because a new internal filter is going on, along with the filter extender, and a Derale pan w/ magnetic drain plug.. but then Murphy got involved..

The pan won't clear my custom cross-over pipe.. Even If I could get it in there, it would likely rattle like a Yugo, and because it would be touching- it would cook the pan... dang it.. I had a come to Jesus, and just slapped the other pan back on there (sans drain or temperature probe).. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... rrrrrrrr.... rr.... rrrrrrr.rrrr.rrrrr............ rrrrr... gr..

So, there is a point I'm set to make.. here it is- if you need/want a pan, check it out, along with a kegger... dang it..

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/parts-s...ifold-keg.html

Old 09-05-2011 | 06:37 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Yea on the check valve, a 5/16"s drill bit(IIRC) takes of it in about 5 seconds. I have that posted some where around here.

Old 09-05-2011 | 06:46 PM
drewactual
|
Champion

you were my inspiration for just drilling it out Zman.. Even though I used double hose clamps on each connection (the barbed hose connector is about three inches long all together, and had ample space to clamp) I prefer having the quick disconnect on the external cooler side, and the threaded connect on the hard-line return line..

Old 09-05-2011 | 08:51 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Oh how that sucks about the Derale pan!

Old 09-05-2011 | 08:57 PM
drewactual
|
Champion

Yup... I'm pretty disappointed.. made it all the way to holding it up to the flange when I realized how screwed I was...

Last edited by drewactual; 09-05-2011 at 08:59 PM. Reason: fixing typo..
Old 09-05-2011 | 11:03 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by drewactual
made it all the way to holding it up to the flange when I realized how screwed I was...
Wow. That adds another order of magnitude to the suck factor.

But on the up side you've now got a remote filter so the stock pan won't have to come off until band adjustment time. (I'm a real silver linings kinda guy...)

Old 09-06-2011 | 08:32 AM
drewactual
|
Champion

and I just adjusted those bands within 3k miles, and replaced sensors/solenoids within the last 40k.. Hopefully, I won't have to mess with it again until rebuild time- which, I'm thinkin' I'll be seeing sooner than I want to be.. because: hey, it's a dodge, and it's original equipment.

Quick Reply: Slappin' St. Lucifer...