2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Little old ford ranger.

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 04:54 PM
a-master
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Little old ford ranger.

My dad just picked up a 95 ranger with 40k on the clock for 4k. 2wd w/ posi, 5 spd, 6cyl. I hounded him for not buying at least a 4x4 for a while. He needed my truck for some parade so I swapped him this week. I have come to the realization that I love this little thing. My truck is all jacked up with a kicking stereo, train horn, PA system tied into the CB and a remote start. This truck doesn't even have power locks. It's so simple, and therefore humbling. I can relax and not worry about cops givin' me **** for my lift and tires and whatnot (understandibly so). But this little truck showed me that simple is good. Mabe when I get some cash together after college, I might just buy a simple truck like that.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:37 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by a-master
Mabe when I get some cash together after college, I might just buy a simple truck like that.
Hooray for plain old simple trucks!

That's what mine is, a base model 4WD with the towing package. It's got manual windows and seats, no tachometer in the factory dash, no overhead console, and vinyl flooring instead of carpet. It took me months to find the thing, but it's exactly what I want.

Old 10-08-2011, 05:41 PM
Mopar Mike
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Hooray for plain old simple trucks!

That's what mine is, a base model 4WD with the towing package. It's got manual windows and seats, no tachometer in the factory dash, no overhead console, and vinyl flooring instead of carpet. It took me months to find the thing, but it's exactly what I want.

Lol my truck is a mix of the two of your trucks.

It's basically exactly like Unregistered's, Not even A/C or cruise, and mine doesn't even have a tow package either, The one option it has, is the one I wish it didn't, an Automatic Tranny. but It has a sound system, satellite radio, and Alarm and remote start. lol Train Horns are in the very near future.

Quick Reply: Little old ford ranger.