2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

A good and bad day

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 07:05 PM
MD Dodge
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hiusmell
what's funny when I bought the truck last October, part of the deal was fixing the rust, which part of that was replacing the fender, and the whole truck was painted. Now, that I have my licence I can drive to school, and because I go to a technical high school, I'm going to get a quote from auto body.
I hear you man, I did the same stuff with my moms car. I go to a Tech school too for Auto, The collision repair class fixed a dent and some scratches for a hell of a lot cheaper than a body shop. I don't know if it's the same for you, but here they don't charge for labor since it's the kids working on the car.

Best of luck getting it all fixed up though, and again congrats.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:19 PM
hiusmell
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got to school for electrical, and I know as far as electrical goes. If we go to your house we charge $18 an hour for labor, but we figure out how many hours a "normal" licensed electrician would take and charge that about of hours, not how many it takes us. I'm not sure what auto body charges.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:26 PM
MD Dodge
Amateur

Originally Posted by hiusmell
I got to school for electrical, and I know as far as electrical goes. If we go to your house we charge $18 an hour for labor, but we figure out how many hours a "normal" licensed electrician would take and charge that about of hours, not how many it takes us. I'm not sure what auto body charges.
I got you. Well anyway, good luck with it all man.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Coulda been way worse, looks like the dent could just pop out. Keep us posted!

Old 10-31-2011, 12:28 AM
a-master
Veteran

Bad day for me. Someone got me with the ole' PB under the door handle... but it could have been something a bit more disgusting so its not all bad.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:33 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Aww, man.
That sucks.
The dent should just pop out. The scratches are going to be a pain since they go almost all the way to the steel it looks like.
The fender flair is going to be expensive.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:32 PM
hiusmell
Captain

the scratches are down to the primer, not sure how deep though. And I was considering taking all the flares off for the time being. And if I had to buy new ones, I only need the back ones, but still expensive because I bought bushwackers in the first place.

Quick Reply: A good and bad day