2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Weird noise's from engine bay

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2011, 04:26 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weird noise's from engine bay

As most people know my truck was in a 3 car accident last Tuesday, thread "Wrong Place at the Wrong Time". As far as we can tell the damage is all body/bumper and non mechanical.

I'm starting to notice odd noises, a "fluttering" noise coming from the engine while driving the other night, seemed to go away when it shifted from 1st to 2nd. I let it run today (it's been sitting since last Tuesday, except my little trip to the gas station that didn't go so well...) and I'm hearing a "ticking", I'm thinking the injectors or the spark plugs firing maybe? I've rarely had to work under the hood so, it doesn't seem normal to me.

The fan also seems a lot louder then usual. Now I realize it's a pretty big metal fan surrounded by a shroud but it sounds like a helicopter, the bottom pulley seems wobbly, but it doesn't give any. There wasn't any damage to the shroud, just the radiator support column on the driver's side is bent in down by the bumper.

Hopefully these noises go away with the repairs, but they seem rather odd.

I took video but the camera I got doesn't do great video so you really can't see the pulley wobble or hear the ticking or helicopter like sound coming from the fan.

BTW, I'm in serious truck withdrawal.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:59 AM
biggreen2500
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so are they gonna fix your truck or is it totaled? i never heard want the insurance is gonna do

Old 11-07-2011, 03:09 AM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by biggreen2500
so are they gonna fix your truck or is it totaled? i never heard want the insurance is gonna do
They are going to fix it. I called them Thursday after the official police report was available, she said she'd make a decision by the end of the day. Looks like I may have to call them back today, just waiting on them to issue me the check so it can go to the shop.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:10 AM
biggreen2500
All Star

what did they quote you for on the damage?

Old 11-07-2011, 03:13 AM
biggreen2500
All Star

when i got my truck hit some girl hit my driver side and smashed my fender doors and bed and bumper up they cut me a check for 5200 and i was able to buy a parts truck that was the same paint code lol for 1400 bucks and swapped the bed doors fender and bumpers over then i repainted to whole truck in my paint booth and in the end spent only 2100for the paint and the other parts truck,,, then i scraped the parts truck and got 300 back i really only had 1800 into my truck and had 3400 left over

Old 11-11-2011, 12:54 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by biggreen2500
what did they quote you for on the damage?
Just under $1800. Truck will be finished today, just waiting on the check to get here. Then I gotta call AllState back and file a diminished value claim

Quick Reply: Weird noise's from engine bay