2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

diy bedliner whats the best

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 01:36 PM
chadwall
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mgaither0
look up u pol raptor liner. Put it in the jeep because it was tintable and has UV protection in it. Had top off and doors it hasnt faded one bit. You spray it in with your compressor and it comes wit ha gun for it to spray in to the truck. Not sure if its the best bet for a pick up so I was trying to see any other reccomendations but I go with it for the ram
My dad has the raptor in his new ram. Already chipped on the first time an atv was pulled in. The ramp chipped it off. It's mostly paint. Definitely not as durable as rhino liner for heavy use.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:35 AM
mgaither0
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chadwall
My dad has the raptor in his new ram. Already chipped on the first time an atv was pulled in. The ramp chipped it off. It's mostly paint. Definitely not as durable as rhino liner for heavy use.
I'm assuming he prepped everything real well and all? Also Did he let it dry for a good week or so with out putting anything really on it? I threw alot of stuff on the liner in my jeep as I didnt have a truck at the time and it held up very well.

Old 11-10-2011, 02:31 AM
chadwall
Professional

I'm assuming he prepped everything real well and all? Also Did he let it dry for a good week or so with out putting anything really on it? I threw alot of stuff on the liner in my jeep as I didnt have a truck at the time and it held up very well.
He did. I'm sure it will hold well against sliding and such as long as an edge doesn't catch it. It's not rubbery like my rhino liner is.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:52 AM
Terribly
Rookie

LineX is the way to go. We use them in our company Rams and they get abused everyday. They even warranteed the liner if it got scraped off. After 4 years, hardly any fading.

Old 11-10-2011, 12:49 PM
mgaither0
Veteran

Originally Posted by Terribly
LineX is the way to go. We use them in our company Rams and they get abused everyday. They even warranteed the liner if it got scraped off. After 4 years, hardly any fading.

super expensive though. I'm trying to get good results look and strength wise with out paying 1k. I dont need it to be quite as astrong as line x because I dont often have stuff in the bed but I want it more for rust prevention. I just dont want it to fade and look like a blob and chip like herc

Old 11-10-2011, 01:41 PM
blackbeasst
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

super expensive though. I'm trying to get good results look and strength wise with out paying 1k. I dont need it to be quite as astrong as line x because I dont often have stuff in the bed but I want it more for rust prevention. I just dont want it to fade and look like a blob and chip like herc
$1000 for line-x? someone's ripping you a new one.

Old 11-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Terribly
Rookie

It should be $575 for linex if you get it over the bed rails!!! Two different dealers quoted me that

Old 11-10-2011, 06:38 PM
mgaither0
Veteran

the prices vary alot based on location. EIther way I'm not trying to spend 500. I'm thinking u pol raptor unless I can find a DIY that has a more rubber surface to it.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:52 PM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's the quote I got today from my local Line-X dealer. I had asked for over-the-rail price, but this is the under-the-rail price.

"Nice to hear from you and thank you for your interest in Line-X… The Nation’s No. 1 spray on bed liner… The first with a nationwide, lifetime, warranty.
The cost to coat your truck with Line-X XS-100, standard black, short bed under-the-rail… $520. Another option is Line-X Premium. Premium adds a polyaspartic top coat (UV protection) at $670. Line-X will fade at the rate of about any other plastic on your truck. Premium prevents fading.
Line-X Xtra (great product made with Kevlar) is the color match option with UV protection DuPont and Line-X developed together. A color matched bed liner, using your paint code, adds $250 to the standard black price.
The process takes about 2 -2 1/2 hours. Cures in about 5 seconds… so once applied you are good to go in short order. We have appointments available any day this week so whatever day is convenient for you.
Thanks again and please contact me with any questions or to schedule an appointment."

Old 11-10-2011, 06:59 PM
mgaither0
Veteran

so at the minimum its 500 if u want UV protection its 670 since i want it on the rails and all lets add 200 bucks then its 870. F that!

Quick Reply: diy bedliner whats the best