2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

oil pressure

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011 | 08:08 PM
botta
|
Rookie
Question oil pressure

ok so my oil pressure is on the first white line on the gauge, when i start the truck. when i start driving the needle goes up to 40 and stays there. when i go to stop, the oil lap goes on and goes off when i rev the motor up. any ideas? i dont wanna blow the motor!!

Old 12-13-2011 | 08:49 PM
97ramrod1500
Captain

check your oil level, if thats fine check the fuse(should be fine if your oil light is flashing on and off) if the fuse is alright, locate the oil pressure sensor and pull the plug that its connected to. stick a paperclip in the slot and ground it. your oil light will do 1 of 2 things when the paperclip is grounded; either 1- your oil light will come on, or 2- your oil light will shut off. If either of these things happen, your oil pressure sensor is bad. If neither of these happen, there is a short in the wiring somewhere from your oil pressure sensor to your pcm or a short from your pcm to your guage cluster.

Old 12-13-2011 | 08:54 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker

Here we go. ANOTHER duplicate thread.

Quick Reply: oil pressure