2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Can anyone run a carfax for me?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:34 PM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01silverram
id just like to find out where it was last titled. Its in SC but SC doesnt have any records on it.

jeff
USMC
This reminds me of when i was deployed and I loaned the truck to a soldier. The U-joint went on the driveshaft and it was towed to base and left in the barracks parking lot with the driveshaft hanging for a week. Well, someone who was a national guard soldier with base access would drive around and get titles for vehicles that were "abandoned." My wife received a call from the guy stating, "If I don't hear from you in a week, I will get the vehicle titled in my name."

Ends up he scammed many soldiers of their cars when they left them in the parking lot. Most of the time soldiers left their cars in barracks parking lots while they were deployed and turned off their cel service. With no way to reach them he would get the cars.

I don't know "Jeff" but I would NOT run a carfax for anyone based off an internet forum. WHy:
1. Might not be the most honest person (this is an internet forum).
2. It is only 35 bucks for a carfax.
3. If "Jeff" does scam someone then the report of a carfax does not lead to him.

Jeff may not even be in the USMC (Seems shady). Just pay for the carfax yourself.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:59 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Autocheck is cheaper.
$30 for a single and $45 for unlimited
vs
$35 for single and $45 for only 5.

Also, title checks dont mean anything really. For instance, Connecticut doesn't report anything hardly, not even yearly Inspection mileages! NY reports everything, but thats only IF work gets done at a reputable dealer such as body work. Mileage, service, sales are all reported in NY. Lots of scammers pulling cars out of CT and swapping odometers to sell here in NY.
Not every state is the same and up to date. just FYI.

Last edited by dirtydog; 02-08-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:13 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

I partially agree with dirtydog. Its not a bad idea to use Autocheck or Carfax, but don't take it as the ultimate informant.

Old 06-15-2024, 12:18 PM
01silverram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default n

Originally Posted by CPTAFW163
This reminds me of when i was deployed and I loaned the truck to a soldier. The U-joint went on the driveshaft and it was towed to base and left in the barracks parking lot with the driveshaft hanging for a week. Well, someone who was a national guard soldier with base access would drive around and get titles for vehicles that were "abandoned." My wife received a call from the guy stating, "If I don't hear from you in a week, I will get the vehicle titled in my name."

Ends up he scammed many soldiers of their cars when they left them in the parking lot. Most of the time soldiers left their cars in barracks parking lots while they were deployed and turned off their cel service. With no way to reach them he would get the cars.

I don't know "Jeff" but I would NOT run a carfax for anyone based off an internet forum. WHy:
1. Might not be the most honest person (this is an internet forum).
2. It is only 35 bucks for a carfax.
3. If "Jeff" does scam someone then the report of a carfax does not lead to him.

Jeff may not even be in the USMC (Seems shady). Just pay for the carfax yourself.
Shady... 😆

It's a 1984 Colt not a damn Hellcat. 😆

I was in the Marines and stationed at Lejeune.

If you think I'm shady we can meet up.

Old 06-15-2024, 12:22 PM
01silverram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still zero

Originally Posted by jasonw
I partially agree with dirtydog. Its not a bad idea to use Autocheck or Carfax, but don't take it as the ultimate informant.
I've asked the DMV in Wisconsin and SC and neither have any records of it. I'm restoring the car , very very slowly but I'm getting to where I'd like the paperwork complete.

That dude saying I'm shady 😆 It's a 1984 Colt for God's sake, not a Hellcat.

Old 06-16-2024, 06:33 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 361 Likes on 339 Posts

Carfax only goes back to 1981. If you have a clean title to it why do you want a car fax? As you put it it's a 84 Colt not a Hellcat. What would somebody gain to falsify records? Every state is different but you should have looked into getting the "paperwork"(title?) when you took possession of the car(or before it).

Quick Reply: Can anyone run a carfax for me?