2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Steering wheel Knock

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2012, 12:04 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zman17
All you have to do is turn the S/wheel until it locks and remove the key. And have at it.

....and NOW I find this out!

Old 06-27-2012, 04:52 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
....and NOW I find this out!
One Jethro Gibbs smack to the back of your head! That will clear things up for next time.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:18 AM
gdstock
Legend

I debated with myself (happens quite often...) about pulling the column. I am not leary about many things, but my personal aversion to jacking with airbags, and the proverbial clockspring I seen referenced here - well that was enough to make me decide against it. ....mmmm....maybe I should have asked here and saved myself some time and trouble......

Old 06-30-2012, 05:28 AM
Mopar Mike
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmm Mine makes a popping noise when I turn the wheel too, but it has no play going down the road. I'm split 50/50 on changing mine, it's been that way since I bought the truck.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:41 PM
gdstock
Legend

ZThe clunking in the steering column which can be resolved with this fix is a seaparate issue that play in sterring when driving down the road. Play in steering is linkage or gerbox issue. The clinking or knocking is the bushing at the bottom and iside of colum where the steering shaft comes out of column. The rosck solid fix solcves that. Some of us had both issues, and required both solutions. This is what you need to fix it. http://www.rocksolidramtrucksteering.com/

Quick Reply: Steering wheel Knock