2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Looks Like a Move is Not in My Future

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 06:27 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
If I had a dime for every time sometime someone borrowed some of my thread title....I'd have $0.20

Pineapple's make great drink cups

Owe you a dime....

Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I made a final payment yesterday to buy my neighbor's Allis WD

It's been parked for a little over a year. Thankfully, he drained the water and gasoline from it. I checked it over this past weekend, having dumped some Marvel Mystery down each cylinder bore and discovered one of the plug wires is missing the contact at the distributor. I filled it with gas and discovered the sediment bowl is clogged. The good news is that with a fresh battery I got it to turn over and it attempted to fire, which must have been from the Marvel Mystery.

He has had this tractor for many years and converted it to a wide front end and also to a standard 3-point . I'll be back this coming Saturday to fill it with coolant and clean the bowl. I have a series of projects lined up that I can't wait to start that are all dependent on the tractor. I have plans to go through the fuel and ignition system (carb rebuild, boil the tank) and I will also start cleaning it up for repainting.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:48 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Thats just awesome. I have a friend of mine from Church who collects and restores old tractors (mostly Farmall and Internationals). The big red roofed barn in the background he had specially built to hold them all. He travels all over the country in search of these things. Even had a period correct Farmall parts store replica built with authentic Farmall parts stocked on the shelves from back in the day, cash register and all. Here is a small video showing some of his collection.

Last edited by jkeaton; 11-13-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Discovered last weekend that the lower radiator hose on the tractor is cracked and leaks. The sediment bowl screen is also clogged, so I need to drain the fuel I put into the tank so I can pull the bowl assy and soak it in my can of Berryman carb cleaner. Hopefully, once I get fuel flowing to the carb she'll fire.

I ordered the radiator hose kit, new plug wires, fuel bowl screen, fuel bowl gasket, and a fan belt from a tractor site. I'll fiddle with the tractor a bit this weekend and hope to be driving it home next weekend.

Old 11-22-2012, 01:21 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
I made a final payment yesterday to buy my neighbor's Allis WD

It's been parked for a little over a year. Thankfully, he drained the water and gasoline from it. I checked it over this past weekend, having dumped some Marvel Mystery down each cylinder bore and discovered one of the plug wires is missing the contact at the distributor. I filled it with gas and discovered the sediment bowl is clogged. The good news is that with a fresh battery I got it to turn over and it attempted to fire, which must have been from the Marvel Mystery.

He has had this tractor for many years and converted it to a wide front end and also to a standard 3-point . I'll be back this coming Saturday to fill it with coolant and clean the bowl. I have a series of projects lined up that I can't wait to start that are all dependent on the tractor. I have plans to go through the fuel and ignition system (carb rebuild, boil the tank) and I will also start cleaning it up for repainting.

Did you get this tractor to use for NOT moving! Looks like a nice little project.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:50 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think he got it to replace his ram.. normal for those Oklahoma folk

Old 11-22-2012, 03:22 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by dlyter09
I think he got it to replace his ram.. normal for those Oklahoma folk

(shhh....don't tell VW, but when he still cannot get it to run, I am going to ask him waht color it is....heehee...)

Old 11-22-2012, 03:26 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hahaha maybe it wants a stripe

Old 11-25-2012, 09:15 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Confirmed the fuel bowl assy and sediment filter were clogged. I removed the elbow and fuel shut-off and put all three pieces into my bucket of Berryman Carburetor cleaner to soak for a few days. I removed the gas tank as well and will take it to a radiator shop this week to be boiled.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:33 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Confirmed the fuel bowl assy and sediment filter were clogged. I removed the elbow and fuel shut-off and put all three pieces into my bucket of Berryman Carburetor cleaner to soak for a few days. I removed the gas tank as well and will take it to a radiator shop this week to be boiled.

Gee, ya think?

Quick Reply: Looks Like a Move is Not in My Future