2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

new here and looking for advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2012, 08:14 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

No dodge truck, Dakota or Ram has good fuel economy.

Old 11-26-2012, 10:22 AM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

jkeaton You're wrong. With proper tuning and driving habits, you CAN get 20 MPG on a 5.9L... You will average about 15 on the 5.9L, cause no one can afford to keep it in perfect tune. There are others on this forum BESIDES me who have gotten 20MPG...

Old 11-26-2012, 12:38 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

When I said "good" I was meaning good...as in high 20's, 30's even 40's kind of mileage...to me thats good gas mileage...20 is average to me. I could squeeze 20 out of my Dak on trips but mostly averaged 16-18 no matter how I drove. But I guess 20 for a 5.9 is pretty good. We used to get kicks out of people who would post about wanting to increase their mileage and how mileage on these trucks sucks and they can't believe how bad the mileage is, etc. We always said if you wanted mileage, you should not have bought a truck.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkeaton
When I said "good" I was meaning good...as in high 20's, 30's even 40's kind of mileage...to me thats good gas mileage...20 is average to me. I could squeeze 20 out of my Dak on trips but mostly averaged 16-18 no matter how I drove. But I guess 20 for a 5.9 is pretty good. We used to get kicks out of people who would post about wanting to increase their mileage and how mileage on these trucks sucks and they can't believe how bad the mileage is, etc. We always said if you wanted mileage, you should not have bought a truck.
Oh I get it... Gotta remember that I take things very literally most of the time... Yeah increasing MPG on these trucks is somewhat of a vain endeavour. I have been thinking of some mods to the basic Magnum block that will bring some major improvements to it, such as more power or better efficiency depending on what setting you choose...

Quick Reply: new here and looking for advice