2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Rear bench seat, seat belt WTF??

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Shpark
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear bench seat, seat belt WTF??

Proud owner of a new (to me) 2002 3/4 ton, trying to figure out the rear seat belts, seems to be a myriad of oddities. Hoping perhaps someone can send me a verified stock truck setup or at least explain it to me or comment on my pics.

Each outer corner has two male clips on the shoulder belts, one matches the front clips, the other matches the center lap belt in the rear. All of the female receivers are the same and do not match the front.

I'm not sure if all 2nd gen rear bench seats have handles to flip them up for cargo, but mine do. When the seat is in the down position, none of the receivers are long enough to reach up between the crack in the seat to be available for use, they are at least 5" too short.

I've removed the bench seat assembly to look at the mounts for the seat belt receivers, they appear to be stock looking enough. The mounts for the flip up rear bench seem the same way. I won't lie, I'm confused as heck.

Any help would be much appreciated, trying to figure out how to haul kids in the back on occasion....

Attached Thumbnails Rear bench seat, seat belt WTF??-img_0483.jpg   Rear bench seat, seat belt WTF??-img_0487.jpg  
Old 03-02-2013, 03:24 PM
newman1367
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those are not the stock seat belts, that's why. The rear seat belts should look the same as your front ones. I'll see if I can get a photo of mine for you.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:40 PM
newman1367
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The receivers are probably 15" or so long

Quick Reply: Rear bench seat, seat belt WTF??