2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Tire Size

Old 04-18-2013, 09:21 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by h3lzsn1p3r
you guys really like to tell people how to waste money don't you I have had 37s on my old truck never had 1 issue on 3.55s idk if it is because you guys don't know how to drive or maybe its because of the way the trucks are built down in the states

Aren't you just so cute.

Not all of us like a dog for a truck. I've driven a Dodge with 35's and 3.55 gears, it was a piece of **** compared to mine, and I think mine is a dog.

But you go on believing your falsehoods.

Old 04-18-2013, 11:15 AM
chuggins08
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn, didnt know an argument would start from a question about tire sizes...

Old 04-18-2013, 11:24 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chuggins08
Yea, it's pretty common. Don't worry about it

Old 04-18-2013, 11:33 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you guys really like to tell people how to waste money don't you I have had 37s on my old truck never had 1 issue on 3.55s idk if it is because you guys don't know how to drive or maybe its because of the way the trucks are built down in the states
Actually, the info was more about not going too big at the risk of eminent damage to tranny and such. Larger tire size increases the load on the drivetrain, and the tranny is the weakest link. By regearing, the load can be decreased.

Something about the law of physics. Can't get around that!

Originally Posted by chuggins08

Sometimes they result in more and better information. And sometimes not. But if it gives someone more information to make a decision, it is all good!

Old 04-18-2013, 11:44 AM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

My buddies old 318 with 3.55's had 37's on it. Replaced tranny , rear end and motor within 6 months. It would cost the about the same to re-gear as it would to rebuild one of those around here.

Old 04-18-2013, 12:00 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnn123
My buddies old 318 with 3.55's had 37's on it. Replaced tranny , rear end and motor within 6 months. It would cost the about the same to re-gear as it would to rebuild one of those around here.
You gonna try blaming all that on running 37 tires and 3.55 gears I don't think so.....

Old 04-18-2013, 03:45 PM
chuggins08

so if I go with a 33 will that be a safe size? I rarely tow anything, especially since I just sold my boat. But if I do, it is a little 5x8 utility trailer. I dont drive like a maniac either, learned the hard way ha.

Old 04-18-2013, 05:56 PM
dlyter09
Champion

33's would be safe... Most of us guys around here just like to do our rigs right.. Saves money in the long run.. To all the ones saying a re-gear isnt needed.. Well yea its not needed but you would get your *** handed to you by a Cub Cadet lawnmower cause it would be such a dog.. And dont forget all the extra added strain will wear the trans much much faster... A re-gear is well worth the money....

Old 04-18-2013, 06:52 PM
h3lzsn1p3r
Captain

Originally Posted by dodge dude94

Aren't you just so cute.

Not all of us like a dog for a truck. I've driven a Dodge with 35's and 3.55 gears, it was a piece of **** compared to mine, and I think mine is a dog.

But you go on believing your falsehoods.
my truck was not a dog it was a truck I drove it like a truck not a race car I have had 300k kms no issues sold the truck to a friend and it is still good 550k km original trans as well I am going by real experience not internet bulls**t. now if you had life experience you would learn that you cant just go by what people post on the internet.

now that is special

Old 04-18-2013, 07:58 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by dlyter09
33's would be safe... Most of us guys around here just like to do our rigs right.. Saves money in the long run.. To all the ones saying a re-gear isnt needed.. Well yea its not needed but you would get your *** handed to you by a Cub Cadet lawnmower cause it would be such a dog.. And dont forget all the extra added strain will wear the trans much much faster... A re-gear is well worth the money....
lmao that's true.
my truck was not a dog it was a truck I drove it like a truck not a race car I have had 300k kms no issues sold the truck to a friend and it is still good 550k km original trans as well I am going by real experience not internet bulls**t. now if you had life experience you would learn that you cant just go by what people post on the internet.

now that is special
Whatever bro, you can have your slow-*** truck.

I'll keep my truck that can still get out of its own way.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tire Size