2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

door panel question

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you can use about 4 nice looking sheet metal screws and it would work fine and look fine. you could use chrome or stainless or paint the heads to match the door panel color.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:10 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by BrandonBuc'em
lol i do care about how it looks. im sorry but thats gotta be the worst advice ive ever heard :P thanks anyway.
id like to use what i have, FIX whats broken. lmao not drive screws though the panel. id rather gorilla glue the clips to a piece of abs plastic then that ridiculous advice. lol and he says ingenuity???? hahaha ok so im gonna mess with it tomorrow and ill see what im able to come up with. thanks for the responses fellas
ruining my door panel even further? thats ingenuity? no thats called rigging. driving a screw through my door panel....lmao this is not what i expected to hear from a forum of such high standards.
Wow. Good luck with your truck.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:15 PM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know how to take the panel off. I bought the truck with all clip cup things busted off. I want to fix the problem not create another. Thanks for your uh.... Help.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:48 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I know how to take the panel off. I bought the truck with all clip cup things busted off. I want to fix the problem not create another. Thanks for your uh.... Help.

Uh, your kidding right? The screw method is the only way to fix them temporarily until you find new panels. Unless of course you own an injection molding company and can fab something up. They are already JUNK, and need replace, period! So how can a few screws make them any worse? At least they will be tight and no annoying clunking when you close the door. And your response's to the people that tried to help was uncalled for, so take a chill pill dude, or say goodbye to the best Dodge Ram forum there is.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:58 PM
zach98sst
Rookie

my door panels are held on with small sheet metal screws because all the clips are busted. they can't be seen unless the door is open. i put them in along the edge. 2 on each side and 2 on the bottom and the panels are solid..

Last edited by zach98sst; 01-12-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:05 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

id like to use what i have, FIX whats broken. lmao not drive screws though the panel. id rather gorilla glue the clips to a piece of abs plastic then that ridiculous advice. lol and he says ingenuity???? hahaha ok so im gonna mess with it tomorrow and ill see what im able to come up with. thanks for the responses fellas
Good luck with the Gorilla Glue. Super Glue. Fiberglass. Epoxy. Etc.

I tried them all and there is no successful way to repair the clip housing in the door panel. Might hold for a while, but will not last. The plastic used for the panels is resistant to any adhesive I have found. The only thing I have not tried I think is ABS plastic glue. I have concealed the screws and very happy with it. No one can tell it was not factory....

Ask for help then complain about the suggestions....good luck, pal.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame

unlike you buttholes, i'm going to offer another suggestion LOL sorry couldn't resist.

another fix is to glue the panels to the door with silicone caulk. i glued my bumper covers on with it. put a bead around the perimeter, put the panel in place and tape it down with duct tape for about 12 hours to let it cure. it will be solid and won't rattle. don't put too much, or you'll never get it off.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:58 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is about a 3/4" space between the panel face and the door. Not sure silicone along the edge would hold it.......maybe. Maybe not.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:18 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame

yes, you'd have to hit the high spots.
Name:  03_panel.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  46.5 KB

Old 05-04-2013, 12:24 PM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran

its clear to me now that some people in here dont like my responses to some of the advice that was given. and to be honest i dont care. but its like this, i posted this looking for help/advice so i opened myself up for it. to anyone i may have affended i do apologize. driving a screw just isnt what i expected to hear. hope this response is better for ya. thanks again ppl for posting your input.

Quick Reply: door panel question