2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Brake pedal squeak.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 12:15 AM
98Dodgeram360V8Mag
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake pedal squeak.

Oookay, so for a while now i have noticed every time i press and then depress the brake pedal it squeeks like there is no tomorrow. It is very loud and annoying. I know what is causing it but i dont know where it is. Can anybody for the love of god help me with finding it?? I am pretty sure it is a cable or something that goes to the brake pedal. But it does sound like it is coming from the rear?

Old 05-17-2013, 01:16 AM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker

I'm confused. The squeak is coming from the pedal, meaning the noise occurs in the cab, or? If so you just gotta lube or replace the bushings on the bracket where the pedal pivots. Theres no cables in the hydraulic brake system.

If you mean theres a squeak from the brakes, you just gotta inspect wear on the brakes and replace as needed, clean and lube everything.

Old 05-17-2013, 02:15 AM
98Dodgeram360V8Mag
Veteran

From what I can tell is that it is coming from under the truck somewhere. A spring in one of the rear drum brakes maybe?

Old 05-17-2013, 12:35 PM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker

I would guess that the shoe contact spots on the backing plates need to be greased up. You'll wanna get a hardware kit and possibly some shoes if ya need them. Measure drum thickness while your at it, spec is cast on the drum.

Quick Reply: Brake pedal squeak.