2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My float got stuck

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 06:30 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default My float got stuck

I parked nose up on a slight incline with a little over a quarter tank last night for a couple hours.
When I got in the truck I started it and got the "ding...ding... low fuel dummy" light.
I looked at the mileage and it was where it should be for the amount I thought I had in the tank.
I rode about 10 miles to the gas station that is on the way home with the gauge on empty, it came up just barely over empty before I got there.
I filled up and what I thought would happen did happen, the full tank made the float detach from what I assume is the corrosion on the slide for the float and the gauge is back to working like it should.
Weird.

Old 09-20-2013, 08:56 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool story bro

Old 09-21-2013, 09:36 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Thanks for sharing.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Purple 92 SS
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i often wonder how accurate my fuel guage is... seems to take forever to empty from 1/4 to e...

Old 09-21-2013, 10:06 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
I parked nose up on a slight incline with a little over a quarter tank last night for a couple hours.
When I got in the truck I started it and got the "ding...ding... low fuel dummy" light.
I looked at the mileage and it was where it should be for the amount I thought I had in the tank.
I rode about 10 miles to the gas station that is on the way home with the gauge on empty, it came up just barely over empty before I got there.
I filled up and what I thought would happen did happen, the full tank made the float detach from what I assume is the corrosion on the slide for the float and the gauge is back to working like it should.
Weird.
Yea mine does that too, I live on a hill and it always throws the gauge off. Drive down the hill and drive 10 or so km's and itll go up like an 1/8 tank...

Quick Reply: My float got stuck