2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 10:02 PM
95' 360 Ram
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers

I can hear my passenger door speaker getting ready to go and was wondering what would give best sound. I usually drive with my windows down when I go places so the I would prefer a brand that can handle high volumes with ease. I plan on replacing all of the speakers at once (1" tweeter, 6"x 9" door, and 5"1/4 rear pillar) and would prefer it to all be the same brand. I currently have an Alpine head unit and planed on going with the same brand of speakers, to be specific the type-s series, but after reading this I am assuming that I will be having the same or lesser results.

Old 12-03-2013, 10:32 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have alpines, but mine cost more than those. And i absolutely love them? One of these days im gonna wire up the amp that they deserve.

Do yourself a favor and forget about the tweeters, and just run new wire

Old 12-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Silconcer
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Kicker DS series that I got from a local WalMart. They sound great for the price they were. You will need to use a shim if you keep with a 6x9 on the doors, I just cut up the old factory grilles.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Annihilator_X9
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have recently installed some Sony Xplod 6x9s and they sound pretty decent. Definitely louder and more clear than the factory speakers that came out since they can take the additional power of my aftermarket head unit.

Quick Reply: Speakers