2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Heating your garage

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2014 | 09:42 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker

Years ago (when in a colder winter climate) I had 3 Finned Strip Heaters (Pg4 CSF00177) on a stand/frame in front of a boxfan.
Portable and heated the work area nicely.
I got them surplus from a mine job I was working at the time.

Old 01-04-2014 | 10:17 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Heat???? What the heck is that??? I don't have my garage insulated still/yet so it does no good to try and run a heater in it. I have one of those torpedo heaters that runs on propane. What I dislike about it is that when I run it I get tons of condensation on everything. Someday I am going to finish wiring my garage and then I can insulate it plus install some heaters.

Old 01-04-2014 | 10:25 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Luckily, my truck will fit in my shop. I heat mine with a wood stove but its not enough for the cold we get. One day I would love to build my own shop with heated floors, a hoist and proper heating but I need to win the lottery first.

Old 01-05-2014 | 09:18 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by jkeaton
My garage is in the basement of my house, heated and air conditioned.. Fits 3 vehicles. So, I have a mancave/garage thing going on. All my tools, my TV, my sound system, and most importantly, my beer fridge, are right here beside me, plus my computer....so I can work on my truck, watch TV, drink and jawl with you guys.....basement garages FTW!

That sounds more like a fort. Put a small bed in there and you never have to go inside the house!!!

Old 01-05-2014 | 04:56 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

My shop can fit 3 vehicles up top and 4 lawn tractors in the bottom. And not ONE bit of it is insulated.

So I can't heat it very well. It's pretty tight and all, but without insulation won't do much good...

I have a little Big Buddy propane heater I use out in the shop for small things and just have a little canopy thingy I've made to sorta hold the heat where I'm working at, and if I'm working on a vehicle I'll use the kerosene forced air heater with No1 dyed diesel in it.

I have 2 wood stoves I could use, but as others mentioned it's pretty dangerous, and I would have to install chimneys too... $$$$

Quick Reply: Heating your garage