2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Color match bumper faded color

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 12:24 PM
WAfrican
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color match bumper faded color

Hey guys as you know I've been doing a lot to my truck including color matching the bottom grey plastic trim but I seem to be having an issue. I have the two tone with Emerald Green Pearl as the upper portion and whatever u call that color on the bottom. I noticed that while spraying the bumper that the color seems to be a lot darker than my original paint. I'm guessing this is due to the natural age of the truck which sucks because I really like that color. My question now is can I somehow get the two colors to match? Would investing in a buffer help bring out the true color or would I have to find a different color that matches closer to what I have now?

Old 05-06-2014, 03:39 PM
modernmuscle
Amateur

You probably should invest in a buffer when you rub the paint out if you're doing base coat/clear coat (sorry haven't checked out your previous posts yet). Buffing it out won't bring out the true color but get rid of the orange peel unless you start to dig into the paint. If you could take some pictures it would help out a lot! Maybe see if someone else can match the paint for you, sounds like something isn't quite right yet.

Old 05-06-2014, 06:07 PM
WAfrican
Professional

Thanks for the info. I actually put the bumper on and while they're different side by side, it matches to the eye once its on the front. I will still be investing in a buffer down the line to help remove some surface scratches and to help the whole wax process go smoother. I just wasn't sure if a buffer could help bring the paint out to it's darker factory state.

Quick Reply: Color match bumper faded color