DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-general-discussion-non-tech-146/)
-   -   Zman (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-general-discussion-non-tech/379811-zman.html)

Jacksoncove 09-24-2014 09:55 AM

Zman

2 Attachment(s)
Its with great sorrow that I have to announce the passing of a long term member, moderator and friend ZMAN (John Zapor). He passed at approxitmatly 7:45 on Tuesday 9/23/2014. I had the priveledge of getting to know John 2 years ago through DF and realized we only lived 40 minutes apart and of course my truck needed work and he happly offered his time to help me. This was the type of man he was, he was always willing to help someone in need whether it was his time or lending of a tool. We had some good times together working on our trucks and of course working on his beloved 1968 Mustang GT fast back that he has owned since a teenager. I was there with him when we took it out of storage worked on it and got it running after 20 years of resting. The car is in awsome shape and man did he love it. I will never forget when he took it out in the neighbor hood and heated up the tires! I will never forget the look on his face that day of pure enjoyment! it was like he was back in time drag racing with his Stang on Long Island. RIP Zman you can race again! You will be missed but not forgotten!:icon_musclecar:

Wh1t3NuKle 09-24-2014 10:08 AM

Thank you for the update. He is one of the coolest smart azzez around here. Great spirit right there.

redneck_ram 09-24-2014 10:18 AM

Thanks for the call this morning ted! He was definitely one of the best people you could ever meet. He always put other before himself! Im glad to have been able to have met him, like ted, only about 35 minutes from him. He will be missed!

RIP John!

HeyYou 09-24-2014 10:20 AM

What the Hell??????? He DIED??????? He wasn't that old, what happened to him?

He is most certainly going to be missed....... Even though I never met him, I considered him to be a good friend. We had many conversations thru here about life, our trucks, and various other things. I even offered him a place to stay when he was going thru his divorce..... Damn John, I am really going to miss you.

Gary-L 09-24-2014 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3197534)

He is most certainly going to be missed....... Even though I never met him, I considered him to be a good friend. We had many conversations thru here about life, our trucks, and various other things. I even offered him a place to stay when he was going thru his divorce..... Damn John, I am really going to miss you.

Agreed. Gonna miss your wit and your technical know-how, Hop-a-long. :icon_cry:

stewie01 09-24-2014 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3197534)

It would appear to have been liver cancer.

RIP John.

HeyYou 09-24-2014 12:05 PM

Wonder if that was related to the cancer that cost him his leg.

Life sure can be unfair at times. (and no, I don't operate under the assumption that life is EVER actually "fair".)

tincan57 09-24-2014 12:11 PM

^I did not know him, only knew of him. Just a brief thread about his Shepard dog Angus. I have two on the farm. RIP John. K.

HeyYou 09-24-2014 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by tincan57 (Post 3197572)
^I did not know him, only new of him. Just a brief thread about that Shepard dog of his. RIP John. K.

Yep. :)

Wonder what his mother is going to do with the dog..... for those that live nearby, if he needs a good home, he would be more than welcome here.

Jacksoncove 09-24-2014 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by HeyYou (Post 3197569)
Wonder if that was related to the cancer that cost him his leg.

Life sure can be unfair at times. (and no, I don't operate under the assumption that life is EVER actually "fair".)

It was my understanding it was the same cancer, he never followed up with his 6mos visits