2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Why do I do this? Bought a new truck

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 10:09 PM
issakar
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do I do this? Bought a new truck

I bought a new truck today. I don't know why I bought it other than I wanted a truck bad and my van is getting tired. I bought it from a dealership and paid 500 over what he paid for it as a trade in (not including fees/plate/etc).

It's a 1998 Ram 2500 4x4 Ext Cab SLT. Has the 360 and is automatic; 134k miles. This thing is TALL. I need to add some running boards or something, or invest in some rock climbing gear.

The catch is that it needs some work. I'll make separate posts in the tech forum, but I'm looking at needing to do tie rods, track bar, and there's SOMETHING going on with the cooling system, as it's over cooling, esp on the hwy.

If anyone's curious I paid just over 5k out the door for it. Hope it'll last me 5 years or more without costing me a bundle.

Pics to come soon.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:34 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Sweet! Get the front end replaced (Moog Problem Solver is best over the counter) or you could go "problem eliminated" with after market parts. Then flush coolant and throw a new t-stat in. Check plugs, rotor, cap and inspect intake below throttle body for excessive oil pooling. Otherwise, just start using it and we'll help you along the way. These trucks are awesome and it must be in great shape because that's kind of high price.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:26 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Use photobucket or the like for image uploads!

Quick Reply: Why do I do this? Bought a new truck