2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Torque app Android

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Bwally1996
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
If you hang a gauge inside the cab it'll be a lot easier to see than a v1rtu4L gauge on a mobile device. Also spendier, but spending money on trucks is like eating cake on your birthday, right?

Yeah, I think it is. In that you'll probably get it even if you don't like it.
If I really wanted to spend money I'd five speed swap it and megasquirt it lol

Old 01-13-2016, 04:45 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Bummer. I was unable to get air/fuel ratio, either commanded or measured. I did get throttle position percentage. Imagine I posted a screenshot with both a/f gauges on zero and the throttle position at 11.4% -- I pushed my old phone into service for this but haven't yet got around to configuring everything after installing Cyanogenmod on it.

Speaking of which, if you've got an old Droid X and want to run KitKat on it, TWRP and CM11 will do the trick just fine if you don't clobber your radio drivers in the process. My old Droid never got OTA'd beyond Gingerbread, so it's kinda nice seeing a less outdated OS on it. Not that it'd be anything less than frustrating to try to actually use it as a phone with its relatively low horsepower, but it's handy for things like running an endoscope or the Torque app -- and if I drop the thing into the engine fan, I'll be more upset about tweaking the fan than destroying the phone.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:47 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Bwally1996
If I really wanted to spend money I'd five speed swap it and megasquirt it lol
If you really wanted to avoid spending money you bought the wrong truck!

Old 01-13-2016, 04:55 PM
Bwally1996
Professional

If you really wanted to avoid spending money you bought the wrong truck!
No kidding

But phone wise I'm running a 50 buck att phone that's waterproof lol I'll run the free version of the app for a bit to make sure the adapter and everything works then buy the app

Old 01-13-2016, 06:26 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

But phone wise I'm running a 50 buck att phone that's waterproof lol I'll run the free version of the app for a bit to make sure the adapter and everything works then buy the app
If it's something you're going to use a lot, a recently obsoleted but still perfectly capable tablet can be bought new for less than fifty bucks on eBay. I'm going to snag a handful of them before too long for a project I'm thinking on, but one is going into the toolbox to take over the old Droid's job. Bigger display == more betterer.

Old 01-13-2016, 06:29 PM
Bwally1996
Professional

If it's something you're going to use a lot, a recently obsoleted but still perfectly capable tablet can be bought new for less than fifty bucks on eBay. I'm going to snag a handful of them before too long for a project I'm thinking on, but one is going into the toolbox to take over the old Droid's job. Bigger display == more betterer.
I actually have a netbook size computer (maybe not its only got a ten inch screen?) Full keyboard running Windows 7 I use for tuning, I'll try and find an app for it because it has Bluetooth capabilities and the battery lasts forever

Old 01-13-2016, 08:38 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

I actually have a netbook size computer (maybe not its only got a ten inch screen?)
That's certainly netbook size -- the least inconvenient size for inside the cab but (I've found it to be) too small for comfortable use on the bench, too large for under the hood, and an excuse for a bleeding head wound if you try to use it while rolling around on a creeper under a vehicle.

Old 01-13-2016, 08:40 PM
Bwally1996
Professional

That's certainly netbook size -- the least inconvenient size for inside the cab but (I've found it to be) too small for comfortable use on the bench, too large for under the hood, and an excuse for a bleeding head wound if you try to use it while rolling around on a creeper under a vehicle.
It worked great for me, I can sit it on my lap while driving and adjust tunes at stop lights lmao and I'm a bigger guy too

Old 01-14-2016, 11:46 PM
beeker
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The blutooth adapter won't tell you AFR either, it will only show trim.

Old 01-16-2016, 09:09 PM
Bwally1996
Professional

Finally got my new battery and tested out the adapter, my upstream o2 sensor is bad or something
Included in the pics is a list of supported sensors

A little confused why it shows vacume with it off, and it always shows throttle position so im kinda confused about that lol<br/>And now my interior lights work but dont go out. Lmao

Quick Reply: Torque app Android