2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Discounted Gibson headers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2016, 12:50 PM
dapepper9
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought em used so they were already discolored lol. They LOOK almost rusty but they had been sitting outside in an open engine bay for 3 years and been installed for 5 lol. Perfectly solid though and no real rust.
Ignore the salt in the pics, it is iowa lol

Last edited by dapepper9; 02-17-2016 at 01:05 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:14 PM
bargeman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a good testamony for JBA SS. And yeah , Ive got the same problem with salt here in Ohio.

Last edited by bargeman; 02-17-2016 at 03:29 PM.
Old 02-17-2016, 03:34 PM
dapepper9
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

That's what I thought too. I don't care about my engine being pretty (used intake and tb, jerry rigged catch can, no a/c but still have the lines. What could ugly headers hurt?). I actually kinda like the look of the discoloring and stuff though

Old 02-17-2016, 04:23 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997JollyGreenGiant
Nice! Be sure to post pictures!
Here they are:

And just because I installed the TCP Performance shroud and fans at the same time:

It seemed the perfect time for it, there being no way I'd even think about installing headers on one of these things without removing the factory fan and shroud to make room to stand in front of the engine.

I wish now that I'd thought to snag a set of socket head (Allen) header bolts. It wasn't too bad getting them in, but tightening them is a real bear in a few spots when the ability to get between the radiator and water pump is gone. I figure a cheater on an Allen wrench will be just the hot ticket.

Old 02-18-2016, 07:50 AM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Nice install on the headers and the TCP Fan/Shroud!

What kind of Spark Plug Wires are you running? Did the shielding come with them? I'd be interested in a set like that for my truck.

Old 02-18-2016, 09:37 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What kind of Spark Plug Wires are you running? Did the shielding come with them? I'd be interested in a set like that for my truck.
pretty sure they are Autospark firevolcano ignition mastervolt 1in thick with duospirocore suppression and enhanced asbestos exhaust proof coating

Old 02-18-2016, 02:49 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks! One day soon I'm going to add the cable hangers to finish up the e-fan install -- there was an interesting conversation happening at the parts counter when I stopped to get the conduit so I forgot to pick them up, and just haven't felt like taking another turn through the place yet.

They're the DUI (Davis Unified Ignition) Live Wires. They came as you see them, minus the dirt from five years of running. My ignition's fairly hot and the plugs are gapped at 0.059", but I just left the wires where they fell and have never had the least bit of problem out of them. They're something like $99 at Summit or Jegs or any of those places.

Quick Reply: Discounted Gibson headers?