2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

bluetooth obd2 reader and Torque

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 11:01 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 103 Likes on 95 Posts
Default bluetooth obd2 reader and Torque

I took the plunge... it was a shallow move though, only cost me about $20. Bought this reader:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tested it with Torque Lite, connected and worked just fine. Upgraded to the $4.95 app tonight. Was able to watch my vacuum and timing, was mainly curious - not really looking to fix anything. But noticed that coming off a higher rpm back to idle, the vacuum dip lower before settling out, and I also noticed the timing advance pretty bouncy at idle. Anyone look at that those parameters before under those conditions? I have noticed a little roughness at idle, so these results match up... not sure what would cause that though.

Old 09-05-2018, 09:03 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts
Old 09-05-2018, 09:17 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker

Thanks, luv that, captured it and saved it ...I acquired my vac gauge when I was 16... was a gift from a senior citizen neighbor that had been into racing boats and engines. I said thanks ( thinking, what the heck am I gonna do with that?). Took years before I ever actually plugged it into anything. Still have that gauge, and used it just this year to figure out what was going on with the truck's 4x4 axle actuator. Also nice to have is a vac pump, to simulate conditions.

So it sounds like that the vac might be just an artifact of the timing bouncing around. So need to just focus on the timing bouncing a little at idle.... hmmmm....

Old 09-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
...So it sounds like that the vac might be just an artifact of the timing bouncing around. So need to just focus on the timing bouncing a little at idle.... hmmmm....
My first place to look for that would be a stretched timing chain.

Old 09-06-2018, 09:57 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker

Yeah, I could see that giving me some problems in that area. Putting check the timing slack on the todo list... Thanks Spillage!

Quick Reply: bluetooth obd2 reader and Torque