2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Another Banks Video -- The Boost Gauge is Dead

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2018, 10:36 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Another Banks Video -- The Boost Gauge is Dead

I think this is some fantastic information for people who are serious about building a performance engine.

Old 12-12-2018, 02:03 PM
dapepper9
Veteran
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This is actually why I planned to get one of their iDash gauges for my build. Boost is pretty much irrelevant because all it measures is flow restriction, not actual airflow. Plus the iDash datalogs!

Old 12-12-2018, 11:00 PM
dapepper9
Veteran

Update on my previous post. Talked to tech reps at Banks and our vehicles are not supported. Even though our PCMs are writeable and readable, they're not a CAN bus system. Well, not like newer vehicles always. Our trucks use what they called CCD, Chrysler Collision Detection with the collision referring to voltage signals and module messages and how they "collide". It's a basic version of CAN bus, before actual CAN bus. These gauges use CAN bus. This is all why i talked to them BEFORE purchasing lol.

Now, the tech rep said that according to the engineers, they're still 4-6 months out from being able to support older vehicles. He said call back in 4-6 months and ask again. Honestly, that's most likely another way of saying it's not going to happen. I'll still call because if i can use it, i sure as **** will. It's a very very nice product

Old 12-13-2018, 03:44 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by dapepper9
Update on my previous post. Talked to tech reps at Banks and our vehicles are not supported. Even though our PCMs are writeable and readable, they're not a CAN bus system. Well, not like newer vehicles always. Our trucks use what they called CCD, Chrysler Collision Detection with the collision referring to voltage signals and module messages and how they "collide". It's a basic version of CAN bus, before actual CAN bus. These gauges use CAN bus. This is all why i talked to them BEFORE purchasing lol.

Now, the tech rep said that according to the engineers, they're still 4-6 months out from being able to support older vehicles. He said call back in 4-6 months and ask again. Honestly, that's most likely another way of saying it's not going to happen. I'll still call because if i can use it, i sure as **** will. It's a very very nice product
That makes no sense. All it is doing is displaying what the PCM sees and you can add sensors to their gauge to see what the PCM can't. All you need to do is plug into the OBD port

Old 12-13-2018, 05:38 PM
dapepper9
Veteran

It communicates via CAN bus. We do not have CAN bus. It's very weird and technical

Old 12-13-2018, 07:07 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

It communicates via CAN bus. We do not have CAN bus. It's very weird and technical
I understand that. What I'm saying is that is absolutely stupid for them to make it communicate by CAN BUS and not just the simple OBDll

Old 12-14-2018, 12:29 AM
dapepper9
Veteran

There's more vehicles on the road that use CAN bus than those that don't. Also a better system and what every aftermarket ecu uses. This is supposed to be compatible with all them which is absolutely amazing. I'll use one in my honda even when i put a haltech in it lol

Old 12-14-2018, 06:43 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

There's more vehicles on the road that use CAN bus than those that don't. Also a better system and what every aftermarket ecu uses. This is supposed to be compatible with all them which is absolutely amazing. I'll use one in my honda even when i put a haltech in it lol
I'm just saying lol I can see everything that can drop my OBDll dongle and the torque app. Now I won't if my 02.5 2nd gen 2500 has CANBUS.

Quick Reply: Another Banks Video -- The Boost Gauge is Dead