2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Time to take legal action concerning cracked dashes

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2007 | 01:25 PM
seek_and_RAM
Default RE: Time to take legal action concerning cracked dashes

pointing out a flaw is different then calling the truck a "damn joke" thats basically where my issue lies

Old 03-08-2007 | 04:04 PM
1500sport
Professional

I have never heard anyone talk about the warranty starting after the first service. It is the day you purchase the vehicle.

As for the cracked dashes, yes that is a big problem with dodges. There is a sign up on the Dodge Forum somewhere where people have talked about taking action but haven't. I have one small crack in my dash so far, luckily it hasn't spread yet. I have seen the jigsaw puzzle dash and it is absolute BS that a dash would crumble. For the people who say **** happens,maybe for items that areabused, butmany of these dashes are not abused, they are junk, just like the ball joints on a dodge and the listing of trannys etc. How many other vehicles do you see around where the dashes fall apart? Plus it is completely embarrasing when another brand owner rides in your truck because that is the first damn they will notice. Wow what dodge quality. I am a dodge diehard but I'm afraid to tell you the problems they have and some of those problems are rediculous.

Old 03-08-2007 | 04:11 PM
1500sport
Professional

Here is a link proving the dash cracking is a serious problem.

https://dodgeforum.com/m_351576/tm.htm

Old 03-08-2007 | 05:30 PM
chet
Professional

i have a 2001 ram sport. and i will probably never buy a dodge again. It has way too many tranny problems, the paint is chipping like crazy, dash is cracked all over. It's not even a daily driver, i might drive 1-2 times a weekend into town for something, but other than that it sits at home. I know many people with chevys(no one drives ford) alot older than mine, that look in a hell of alot better shape then mine does, and they daily drive theirs and tear the **** out of them. Like last night, i was laying in bed, got a call from a close friend who said he had his truck stuck. I drive down there and pull his truck from solid ground and my tranny temp light comes on, it was not even a hard pull. My next vehicle will be back to the ol' Bow Tie from where i came, just because these little problem's eventually add up to make your truck look and run like ****.

Old 03-08-2007 | 07:18 PM
radwebster
Captain

stop crying. this is why new vehicles are so expensive, because manufacturers have to deal with whiney bull$hit like this. you truck is almost a decade old, and has a cosmetic defect showing up. deal with it. the dash is exposed to blistering heat all the time, its gonna crack eventually.

maybe i should sue dodge for my truck being a little rusty. i mean, i wheel the crap out of it, its submerged in water and mud all the time, but ya know... its still their responsibility to make sure that nothing EVER happens to or goes bad on a 9 year old truck right!?

Old 03-08-2007 | 07:59 PM
chet
Professional

your being a dumb ***. What were saying is why is it that pretty much only dodge dash's crack, paint chip and tranny suck? My dad has a 2000 chevy and uses it as his farm truck and doesnt clean or take care of it and with a little TLC it would look better than my truck. Our old utility truck was a 1986 ford, if not for a little rust on the fender it would look perfect(besides the motor quit). What I am saying is i take care of my truck and all the other trucks out last it.

Old 03-09-2007 | 04:54 AM
nolazach
Veteran

Seems to be most common in 99's to "01. So maybe we should blame the Germans, not the Mexicans. No really tons of us had this problem, thousands more who don't post here. Your best bet is th $150 cover. I bought one on Ebay and it looks like a new dash.

Old 03-09-2007 | 05:00 AM
hometheaterman
Champion

My 01 had the dash crack horribly. Started out with one small crack and turned into the whole dash being covered in cracks. I got tired of it and bought a new dash and the guy I used to work with and I put it in one night. Took us about 3 hours although he has taken several dash's out of Dodges at work he had never replaced the top piece on one until then. I forgot how much my Dash was but it was under $200 of course I got a discount from the dealer through where I worked at the time but I think it still would have been under $200 but not 100% sure.

Old 03-09-2007 | 10:55 AM
Slade901

I just filed a complaint at http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/complain/

I have a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 5.9L V8 Sports Magnum. I have acquired my vehicle around July 2006 and I have noticed since that there is a crack on the dash and gradually cracked all over the places and pieces falling off inside the dash and I'm afraid that those pieces in the dash will fly off at high speed during collision or sudden stop from high speed and would cause injuries to the driver and passenger. I have owned other trucks/vehicles and none of those trucks/vehicle have this crack in the dash. It seems that this particular model/year of Dodge Ram 1500 has an inferior or defect in manufacturing this dash. Do we have to wait for this accident to happen so that we can see if the cracked dash pieces will fly off at high speed and injure the driver and passengers? This cracked dash definitely needs to be replaced by the manufacturer. I've seen some crack dashes on other trucks/vehicles before but those crack does not turn the dashes into jigsaw puzzle and pieces falling apart and flying off the dash itself. My 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 5.9L V8 Sports Magnum seems to have a crack dash with inferior quality which breaks apart easily and cause possible injuries to the driver and passenger.

Old 03-09-2007 | 11:28 AM
JarheadX
All Star

buy one of those dash carpet kits, mad cheap lol

Quick Reply: Time to take legal action concerning cracked dashes