2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

whisteling noise

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007 | 09:38 AM
tobba
|
Rookie
Default RE: whisteling noise

Whistle, squeel... not sure. something in between maybe? I had almost the same sound on my 5.7 Tahoe, there it was the spark plug wires that got on the stereo, moved them apart and the sound stopped. maybe I'll try that here 2, just to check..
Still havent noticed any oil usage,so gess my plenum is good. But, I noticed the truck wanders a little on the rear axle, and I tried to "jiggle" the truck with my hands and the rear axle is making "clunk" noises, what could this be? Bad bearing? Took one wheel of and I can move the axle shaft a little bit up and down. and also in and out.

Old 06-12-2007 | 06:11 PM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Default RE: whisteling noise

ORIGINAL: 1997318Dr

my moms 99 318 whistles too. when u going bout 40 45 with ur foot barely on the gas. when u take ur foot off the gasor more on it, it will stop. Also when you first start it up in the morning it would sound like u lettin air out of a tire or sumthing. like tshhhhhhh...
I have a similar sound from my truck. I have an 01' w/ a 360. and i dont get the noise betwwen 40-45 i get it between 70-75. Any suggestion on what this is from? Also, i dont have the noise when i start it.

Quick Reply: whisteling noise