2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Flex a lite fans

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:56 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flex a lite fans

Im going to order the flex a lite fans in a while, 210b. Do they come with wireing instructions, or even better, do any of you guys have wireing help for me for that?

Old 04-25-2007, 03:56 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Flex a lite fans

My 210b fans (6yrs ago)came with detailed instructions. If you dont get instructions PM me and Ill send you a scan of them. Pretty easy to wire up and includes the ac relay and adjustable thermostat.

I wouldnt mount the temp probe inside the upper rad hose as per their instruction. Its a BS way of getting the temp for the adjustable thermostat. If you looked at my install page on the 210b you will see how I mounted the probe on the outside of the rad, resting against the metal edge. Only took a slight adjustment of the thermostat to have the fans come on at the same temp again and eliminates any possibilty of blowing a hose off or leaking fluidat high rpms.

http://www.rm-indy.com/fans.htm

Old 04-25-2007, 04:03 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does that cool your truck good? I mean for everyday driving, not just laps at the track. Just kinda curious

Old 04-25-2007, 04:14 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

Only time my fans come on is in stop n go traffic and only if idling a while or hot outside.
I know of guys in FL and AZ running the same fans on their r/c s/b 5.9 without issues. Would not suggest putting them on a 4x4 or QC or any truck that tows especially in the deep south but if in mid northern states probably be ok with them. Flow is 2500cfm

Old 04-25-2007, 10:13 PM
Ganderguy
Rookie

Why not put it on a quad Cab?

Old 04-25-2007, 11:32 PM
red98ram
Professional

more work for the motor= hotter= need a bigger fan

Old 04-26-2007, 12:21 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Major props to Shott on my setup. I bought the same same fans that he posted up the link for.

I have electric fans on a 4x4 qc. I'm in Va.It'sbeen getting near 90 degrees here.I have a 180* tstat and my scanner showed between 185-186 after having idled for 15-20 minutes (while recharging ac system). All the while only one fan kicked in. The factory tstat is 195 IIRC. I have one fan set @ 180 and the other set @ 190. Together both fanspull upwards of 5k cfm. Total cost was ~ $160.00- two fans, two controllers, a weatherproof box, wire, wire loom, soleniod, sta-cons...
If you buy the fans Shott suggested, you do not need a shroud as those fans duplexed will cover about 70% of your radiators core area.

Old 04-26-2007, 01:30 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: RM_Indy

My 210b fans (6yrs ago)came with detailed instructions. If you dont get instructions PM me and Ill send you a scan of them. Pretty easy to wire up and includes the ac relay and adjustable thermostat.

I wouldnt mount the temp probe inside the upper rad hose as per their instruction. Its a BS way of getting the temp for the adjustable thermostat. If you looked at my install page on the 210b you will see how I mounted the probe on the outside of the rad, resting against the metal edge. Only took a slight adjustment of the thermostat to have the fans come on at the same temp again and eliminates any possibilty of blowing a hose off or leaking fluidat high rpms.

http://www.rm-indy.com/fans.htm
thanks for the tip. For a daily driver, would you recomend the 260? I do like the blue rather than the black though.

btw. a little help for you in the future, im reading that you had to fab a pry bar to stop your pullies from moving...a trick i found to be helpful in the past was to take two box wrenches, put them opposite of themselves on the diffrent nuts on the pump, and applying torque in diffrent directions (one tighten, one losen) it breaks the one lose, and if you break them all lose it makes it possible to undo them without spinning the pulley.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:57 AM
94ram15004x4

do you guys happen to have any pictures? I am looking to switch my fan out for eletric fans. i have a 4x4, and i am going to the 416ci engine soon.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:30 PM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker

For you Indy, the 260s would be overkill IMHO.
As far as the tip. Hard to hold 2 wrenches while undoing a large bolt with a 3rd wrench. Needed the longer pry bar so I had enough leverage and so I could unlockthe viscousclutch by myself

Heres a pic of my blown/mild 360 with the flex a lite 210b fans. (blue/yell/red/black available)

Quick Reply: Flex a lite fans