2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How hard is it to install a leveling kit on a 2wd??

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 07:16 AM
asybra00
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How hard is it to install a leveling kit on a 2wd??

I have a 97 quad cab and i just put on 33's but it has a slight rub so i was going to install a leveling kit for now till i get home to put on a body lift but was wondering how hard it would be to install it?? Plus I need to replace my left lower ball joint and was wondering if that was a job i could do myself also?? Any thoughts?

Old 04-29-2007, 02:13 PM
jram99
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How hard is it to install a leveling kit on a 2wd??

Not sure if you have factory wheels or aftermarket. I originally installed a Fabtech 3" suppension lift that used new springs in front and 1.5" blocks in rear. Took some time, but was easy to do. The spings where to stiff for me (got a really bad back) so I took the spings out and went with a 3" spindle lift. My ball joints were bad by this time so I changed them then installed the spindles. The spindles require aftermarket wheels with a different rear offset or larger wheels. The spindle lift was the easiest of the 2 lifts as far as install but more expensive because of the new wheels required. The 3" lift in the front and 1.5" inch in the rear leveled the truck perfect. I think someone makes a 1.5" polyurathane spacer that fits under or over the spring and that may be all you need. Autozone had the ball joint press as part of their loaner tool program so that was free. All of these were easy just time consuming because I was learning as I went. Jeff.

[IMG]local://upfiles/43161/00AC72D886444887BFBB87EC1BAD0F9E.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: How hard is it to install a leveling kit on a 2wd??