2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Random death!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 10:56 AM
82lowe36id
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Random death!

Well, heres the deal. While driving my truck (01 Ram1500 sport w/off-road package 5.L auto) will shut off. "no bus" will show up on the odometer and all the gauges will flat line. In the past I have moved the connections going into the computer around and the guages came back on and I could here a relay click in the fuse box. I thought it was a one time thing and it did not do it all winter....until last week(heat related?). I thought it was associated with bumpy roads (vibrations), but last time I was on the freeway sitting in traffic. The computer does have two bottom tabs broke off on the black connector, closest to the engine and the other black connector socket, but the connectors seem to seat good. I have tried starting the truck and movingthe connectors around and can not duplicate. Also, when this happened one time, moving the connectors around didn't work so after sitting for an hour I turned the key on and popped the hood to try again. When I popped the hood I noticed the guages come back on! I am going insane! Hope yall can help.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:29 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Random death!

i got this once when i left off the ground wires on the ps accy bracket. try taking those off and cleaning them with a wire brush. there is another group of grounds behind the kick panel on the drivers side. i think there is one more group somewhere around the pcm (not positive).

Quick Reply: Random death!