2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC not working.

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 12:09 AM
lucas3397
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC not working.

So I just recently went to use my AC for the first time this summer and it didnt work. About a week or so later I tried it again and it blew cold air just fine. Then a few days after that nothing again and has been that way ever since for a good 2 or 3 weeks now. I tried recharging it but still... nothing. It blows just fine it just isnt a bit cold at all. Just the same as just the fan. What could be the problem

Old 05-11-2007, 04:22 AM
2big2dodge
Professional
Default RE: AC not working.

hey man, mine did something like that and my ac compressor unit was going out, then it did go out, when you work start the truck it squeled until u reved it up a lil bit, the bearing was goin bad fast, so i bought a whole new unit and allwas fine, recharged it and now it blows like 34 degrees i swear. super cold. makes the girls nips hard, u gotta love it.

Old 05-11-2007, 09:50 AM
2 Marks
Professional
Default RE: AC not working.

It sounds like you have the problem I had... a leak in the A/C system. Have a shop load a can of dyeinto the system; they will be able to see any leaks with UV lights.

Mine was over a grand to fix. I hope your is something simple.

Quick Reply: AC not working.