2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

still not right!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 12:08 PM
keith1965
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still not right!

I have a 95 Ram 1500 4x4 5.2 magnum fi,i just changed the egr and cleaned the tb,put new plug wires and still runs like a singer sewing machine and feels like your driving a jackhammer how it jerks when it goes into overdrive!What can make a truck run like that?check engine light went out after changing egr so now im lost,can anyone help me??thanks in advance..

Ok,it has no cat but does have the 02 sens on it still,when i say it runs like sewing machine i mean it sounds like one,it is spuddering constantly with little power and does the jack hammer jumping when it shifts to overdrive ,i only changed the plug wires because plugs look like new,thanks..

I cleaned the o2 sensor and still same problem with very little power and jumping while in OD,going to try to check the dist cap for cracks or damage if i can get to it.will keep update as i go,so keep throwing solutions at me and i will see what happens,thanks all for your help..

ok,so far i have replaced wires, plugs ,rotor cap, rotor button,coil and egr and still running bad with a spuddering sound at all speeds,i put gas treatment and fuel inject cleaner in case of bad gas but no luck,any suggestions that might help ? Thanks...

Old 05-22-2007, 03:53 PM
spaz_22
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: still not right!

how many miles are on the truck..a 95 i'm guessing quite a bit...your timing chain may have stretched and through off your timing.....