2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transfer case #2 sent to its grave!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 01:44 AM
Tani1500
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transfer case #2 sent to its grave!!!!!!!!

well..... yea went wheeling in south jersey, did some pre runnering and driving through some deep mud holes, and a lake....lol

well long story short, the snap ring on the back of my transfercase broke in half, allowing the gears to mass together and everything in the tcase to go to ****. it broke one of the shift forks clean in half. i HIGHLY recommend anyone that things about wheeling there truck buy this thing called a tranfercase saver that eliminates the ****ty snap ring. its like 30 bucks and its alot better then 400. http://drivetrain.com/gillies/Tcasesaver.html
i was thinking about getting one last weekend and well... look what happened.

heres the broken snap ring

and the broken shift fork.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:49 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion
Default RE: Transfer case #2 sent to its grave!!!!!!!!

that sux i bet u wish u woulda bought it now.... .well theres always the junk yard!

Old 05-29-2007, 08:34 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: Transfer case #2 sent to its grave!!!!!!!!

Or you can run an indestrictable gear driven tcase like a 205

Only the most indestrictable parts are going into my Jeep, I should get some pics up here for you guys soon even though its not a Dodge ha

Kinda wierd they put a 231 in these though, little wussy for my taste. Nice break though, if you didn't break something your not wheeling hard enough!

Quick Reply: Transfer case #2 sent to its grave!!!!!!!!