2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need your input!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 04:41 AM
JarheadX
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need your input!

K, so I got a question... im wonderin what I should get for my truck...

1.) The KC roof mounted light bar.
2.) Wheel adapters to push out my wheels

I am leaning more torwards the wheel adapters and then addin on a set of fender flares...I love that agressive look so im thinkin thats what i'll do...but just wondering on your guys input and im also thinking of doing this to my rims... what do yall think

(thats an old pic of my truck, i got new tires on there, but im thinkin bout doin it, i just need my buddies to say what they think..lol thanks guys)

Old 06-05-2007, 01:09 PM
dnfd737
Veteran
Default RE: need your input!

I am no big fan of wheel adapters I used them on my dodge dart years ago so I could get the big bolt patern rims. They broke more than once when I was pounding the gears. I finealy did it the right way and got a better rear end with the correct bolt pattern.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:00 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

yea get the lights or someday down the road just get offset rims and wider tires!! thats always fun more traction=more mud! and the lights are always fun for off roading at night and to blind the occasional friend

Old 06-05-2007, 03:52 PM
spaz_22
Captain

wheel adapters or "wheel spacers" are not safe for road use...especially if your going to go offroading or pound on your truck alot. I would just save my money and buy a set of rims with 4.5 inch backspacing

Old 06-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Pyromanaron
Professional

Yeah, offset wheels beat the crap out of spacers. I'm gonna put some really bright lights on my hitch so I can see when I back up and sunburn tailgaters.

Quick Reply: need your input!