2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

tranny replacement options

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 04:58 AM
Gone Campin
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny replacement options

I have joined the ranks of many of you who experienced anauto tranny that basically stop shifting properly. I'm not crazy about a shop (any shop now) working on this piece of junk. This coming from a shop who charged me and didn't fix the problem.

for those of you who have had them replaced, what are the best options? anyone use replacement trannys from part stores? I was just scanning the Jasper site about engines and I notice they do trannys also. anyone testify to jasper?

thanks

Old 06-05-2007, 11:32 AM
dnfd737
Veteran
Default RE: tranny replacement options

I had a jasper tranny in my crown vic. couldnt complain but I cannot say anything about the truck trannys

Old 06-05-2007, 11:47 AM
mopowar
Record Breaker

A couple of good options:

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/dodge.htm

http://www.apsprecision.com/

These are good high performance trannys for about the same price as a Jasper. Downside is that, unless by chance you live close to one of these places, warranty execution - if neccessary - would be a bitch. Jasperis good for a dd that is driven "normally", and chances are you have Jasper dealerclose to you.

The dealership and/or oem factory replacementsare not good options. You can do alotbetter for less money.

Old 06-05-2007, 02:53 PM
tdmopar59
Grand Champion

one other method is to drop the tranny yourself take it to a respectable shop and either get your own heavy duty parts and have them install them or tell them you would like it rebuilt with heavy duty parts thats what we did with my buddies truck and its a lot cheaper if you drop the trans yourself!

Quick Reply: tranny replacement options