2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AC Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 07:02 PM
miknwv
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Problems

I've searched the forums and can't find my exact problem.

When I first start my truck and turn the AC on, it'll blow really cold for like the first 5 miles or so of my trip, a total of about 10 minutes. It then starts blowing warm air. Sometimes after about 5 or 10 minutes it'll blow cold again, other times it just keeps blowing warm. I noticed if i turn it off for about 10 minutes or so then turn it back on it blows cold again for about5-10 more minutes. I also noticed that when I park it after driving with the AC on, there's no puddle underneath the truck like there should be.

I've came to the conclusion that there's a drain line plugged.....where's the drain line? i have no fricken clue, lol.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:00 PM
WayneC
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: AC Problems

The drain tube is located low on the firewall underneath the accumulator. Just a little (1/2" maybe) plastic tit sticking out about 3/8" dia. If in fact it is stuck, a pencil should be all thats needed to poke through and get things moving again. However, if your a/c is only running about 10 minutes or so, that's not long enough to produce much condensation unless the humidity is about100%! Try this. With the engine running, the next time the a/c is cooling and then stops, pull over, open the hood and look to see if the a/c clutch is engaged (spinning with the belt/pully). If it isn't, give the clutch face a rap with a hammer or something. You're NOT trying to cream it. Just a tap or two. If the clutch re-engages, you need to have your clutch gap adjusted. Hope this helps.
WC

Old 06-05-2007, 09:30 PM
miknwv
Veteran

sweet i'll try that...... i'm lookin at my user manual that i got for "christmas" ...hehehe... i'll look and see what the accumulator looks like. thanks a bunch. being backed up/clogged could also be the reason it didnt really blow very hot in the winter time.

Old 06-05-2007, 11:42 PM
DODGEIT105
Rookie

Mine is doing the same thing. I will give the clutch idea a try.

Quick Reply: AC Problems