2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2nd Gen theme song?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 11:07 AM
thegoose
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2nd Gen theme song?

MY VOTE IS FOR CW.MCALL AND A SONG CALLED CLASSIFIED
just cange 57 chevrolet to your year dodge.
to hear it is better then reading it but i found the words.

Classified

I's thumbin' through the want ads in the Shelby County Tribune when this classified advertisement caught my eye. It said, "Take imme-di-ate delivery on this '57 Chevrolet half-ton pickup truck. Will sell or swap for a hide-a-bed and thirty-five bucks. Call One-four-oh, ring two, and ask for Bob."
Well, I called Bob up on the telephone, he says, "Hello, this is Bob speakin'." I says "This here the Bob got the pickup truck for sale?" He says, "Yeah." I says, "Where are ya?" He says, "Fourteen east on County 12, turn right on the one-lane gravel road, you can park in the yard, beware of the dog, wipe your feet off, knock three times, and bring your billfold."
Well, I tooled on east on County 12, turned right on the one-lane gravel road, and I parked in the yard and a German shepherd come out and grabbed onto my leg. Then I knocked three times and wiped my feet, the dog let go and the screen door opened and Bob come out and says "Whaddya want?" I says, "Come to see your truck." He says, "Follow me. Come on, Frank." (Dog's name is Frank.)
Well, we all went past the chicken house, through the hog pen, down to the tractor shed, and then wound up in back of the barn in a field of cowpies. And settin' right there in a pool of grease was a half-ton Chevy pickup truck with a 1960 license plate, a bumper sticker says "Vote for Dick" and Brillo box full of rusty parts, and Bob says "Whaddya think?".
Well, I kicked the tires and I got in the seat and set on a petrified apple core and found a bunch of field mice livin' in the glove compartment. He says, "Her shaft is bent and her rear end leaks, you can fix her quick with an oily rag. Use a nail as a starter; I lost the key. Don't pay no mind to that whirrin' sound. She use a little oil, but outside a' that, she's cherry."
I says, "What'll take?" He says, "What've you got?" I says, "Twenty-eight dollars and fifteen cents." He says, "You got a deal. Sign here, I'll go get the title and a can full of gas." I put the nail in the slot and fired 'er up; she coughed and belched up a bunch a' smoke and I backed her right through the hog pen into the yard.
Well, Frank jumped in and bit my leg and I beat him off with a crowbar. He jumped on out and the door fell off and the left front tire went flat. I jacked it up and patched the tube and Frank tore a piece of my shirt off. Then Bob come out and called him off and says "You better'd get on out of here."
I went left on the one-lane gravel road, went fourteen west on County 12. Took two full quarts of forty-weight oil just to get her to the Conoco station. And I pulled up to the Regular pump and then Harold Sykes and his kid come out. He says, "I've seen better stuff at junkyards and where'd you ever get that truck?"
I says, "That's a long story, Harold. I's thumbin' through the want ads in the Shelby County Tribune when this classified advertisement caught my eye. It said, "Take imme-di-ate delivery on this '57 Chevrolet half-ton pickup truck. Will sell or swap for a hide-a-bed and thirty-five bucks…"

Old 07-04-2007, 04:45 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran

I gotta go with "Cab Of My Truck" by Dierks Bently.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:04 PM
lancelanz
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would have to go with Fuel by Metallica cause i am always telling the wife to "give me fuel" lol

Old 07-12-2007, 12:22 PM
oakleytw

Give me fuel give me fire Metallica baby

Old 10-16-2007, 07:19 PM
pcfixerpro
Champion

ORIGINAL: Pyromanaron

This may sound dumb, but if the 2nd Gen Ram had a theme song, what would it be?

My vote is for something by George Thorogood
I would have to agree. I was just listening to "Gear Jammer" and it hit me....

Running my rig around ninety-five,
Rockin' and rollin' in overdrive
My heart's beating like a jackhammer,
It's the midnight ride for the gear jammer

Nine long days through twenty-three states,
I gotta see my baby soon you know I just can't wait
The police catch me I'll end up in the slammer,
'Cause the law don't want no gear jammer

Running my rig in a mighty high gear,
I don't care where I go just long as it ain't here
Something gets in my way you know I'm gonna ram it,
Nobody fools around with this gear jammer

Running my rig about ninety-five,
I'm a-rockin' and a-rollin' in overdrive
My heart's beating like a jackhammer,
Don't you get in the way of this gear jammer

Lol, it gets my vote!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:56 PM
XXL 1500
Captain

can't drive 55 hagar

Old 10-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Bouncer88
All Star

Redneck - Lamb of God (This is for any american song)

Now for the real theme song......

Rammstein - Mein Teil or Feuer Frei

Old 10-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Cereal Killer
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was this Stone Temple Pilots song a few years ago... I think it was called "bi-polar bear" I think most of the song was about the guy going crazy, but there was a line in there like
"Can't fall asleep behind the wheel at the stop light,
can't fall asleep behind the wheel when you're driving home.
Can't fall asleep behind the wheel at the stop sign
can't fall asleep behind the wheel when you're coming down"

Anybody who's ever spent too many hours on the road, or drove home completley shmammered can appreciate that one.
How about Motley Crue? Kickstart my heart?

Old 10-19-2007, 10:33 AM
mopar crazy
Professional

There's a couple of good nominations here but I just wanted to throw 1 more in the works as this song hit me last night. If you have seen the movie Maximum Overdrive you've heard the song.One of my favoritesby AC/DC called Ride On.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:12 PM
finny
All Star

hey cant we all respect a second gen cummins owner? some songs might not applie to me

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen theme song?