2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

keyless entry

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:57 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keyless entry

hello all.. just a question.. when i bought my 99 caravan.. i didnt get any remotes for it.. i know i can program addl remotes IF i have one already.. is there a way i can program the initial myself? dealership wants to charge me 80 bucks to do it.. i have all the remotes to use.. and i think 80 bucks is a bit outragous... thanks ahead of time

Old 06-28-2007, 01:06 PM
rtmorrisjr
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: keyless entry

Dont have the dealer do it. I have a buddy that tints glass and installs car started and alarms and well you get the idea. Find a local shop around your area like his and have them do it. Bring cash! See what it cost, then ask what it cost w/ cash. Bet it wont be $80.

Old 06-28-2007, 01:15 PM
zique
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: keyless entry

It actually just takes a certain "code" to program it. If you already have the keyless remotes, you just need to search around the net and find who knows the code. I did it on my old grand am (I say old, but it was a 99). Code for that was turn key on-off three times, then turn back and leave on, push and hold lock button down while you push the lock button on the remote. It worked for me, but I doubt it'd be the same for your caravan. Good luck!

Quick Reply: keyless entry