2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MSD SUPERCHIPS??

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007 | 08:09 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
|
Banned
Default MSD SUPERCHIPS??

Hey all, once again thanks for all the guidance on the ram 1500. Anyway, it looks like I am going to buy this truck. The dealer fixed all the issues, and is fixing the transmission as well, so if the tranny is fixed, i will be buying this truck. So of course, i cant help but get excited about modding this truck out like i did my neon. Obviously i'll be getting a K&N cold air intake, and putting free flowing 2 1/4" true dual system with flowmasters, BUT, id like to invest in a chip. What's your guys views on MSD's superchips? They look extremely friendly to install, and seem safe and effective, they claim a 21 h/p gain! Do they work, and does anyone here have one on their ram?? Thanks guys!

Old 07-01-2007 | 10:17 PM
ryans590
Record Breaker
Default RE: MSD SUPERCHIPS??

ive got one, it works alright, i dunno if i really notice much diffrence thow, from what i hear the hyperteck one is cheaper and is basicley the same thing

Old 07-01-2007 | 10:25 PM
mopowar
Record Breaker

Go with B&G. Get a used pcm and send it to Dave along with your vin. Get the M1 flash it will learn just about any mod you do; cams within reason, 408, pretty much anything short of induction.

Old 07-01-2007 | 11:58 PM
RamManRiley

ORIGINAL: mopowar

Go with B&G. Get a used pcm and send it to Dave along with your vin. Get the M1 flash it will learn just about any mod you do; cams within reason, 408, pretty much anything short of induction.
so what your sayong is that if i get the m1 flash as stock then i can mod such as gears and cold air intakes and what not?

Quick Reply: MSD SUPERCHIPS??